The Student Room Group

Best universities for modern languages degrees ?!?

hi, i was wondering if i could get anyone’s opinion on which uni’s you think are good when wanting to study 2-3 languages. Currently i’m taking 2 languages at A level : French & German and i think i’ll carry these 2 on, and i’m also thinking of taking Japanese or Italian or something else, i’m still undecided.
i’m hoping to get 3 A grades at the end of A2 so if you know any uni’s that have those entry requirements or lower i’d highly appreciate it and if you’re at a certain uni doing a language degree what is your experience is like.
Thanks for the help x
Original post by sofia.sem
hi, i was wondering if i could get anyone’s opinion on which uni’s you think are good when wanting to study 2-3 languages. Currently i’m taking 2 languages at A level : French & German and i think i’ll carry these 2 on, and i’m also thinking of taking Japanese or Italian or something else, i’m still undecided.
i’m hoping to get 3 A grades at the end of A2 so if you know any uni’s that have those entry requirements or lower i’d highly appreciate it and if you’re at a certain uni doing a language degree what is your experience is like.
Thanks for the help x

If you're looking to do a MFL degree, then the only place you can really look for info like this is league tables (although I'd base your decision on which uni you like the most rather than which is 'best'). Very few people have done undergraduate degrees at more than one uni so it's hard to compare, it might be better to ask about specific unis you're interested in to get a more specific answer. If you're asking only about unis that allow you to learn 2-3 languages, pretty much every uni that offers languages will let you do 2. Doing 3 might mean you have to do a MFL degree rather than French and German for example.
Reply 2
Many unis offer 2 and there is quite a few that other 3, search on google
Hi there!

Here at the University of Bath you are able to study French and German (normal grade requirements are ABB with an A in French or German) or alternatively either French or German with ab initio Italian (normal grade requirements are ABB with an A in French or German). At Bath we are in the top 20 unis for German and 11th place for French. There is also the opportunity to study Japanese and/or Italian as well as a number of other languages in lunchtime and evening classes run by the university. This link should be helpful if you’re interested.

Let me know if you have any more questions, and here's a link to the University of Bath forum if you're interested in finding out more about the uni or courses!

Katie, 2nd year Modern Languages student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending