My family wont let me call my som Judas Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I decided that I wanted to call my son Judas but my family are highly against it. I know its my choice but its putting me off that my own family wont support my decision to name my own child. What should I do, should i try and convince them or cut them off
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Just say "my kid, my name". Put your foot down if you really like the name. I think it's nice.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
why call your son after a nasty traitor ?

Bill Nye
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What's a som?

But seriously - it's your choice not theirs
bobbybrown12
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by the bear)
why call your son after a nasty traitor ?

If he wants to call his son that who are you to judge? At least its better than satan
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's your child. They don't need to agree with it. There is no need to cut your family off though. Name the child what you like and let the decision be theirs: accept being a part of the child's life or be silly and leave over a name choice.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bobbybrown12)
If he wants to call his son that who are you to judge? At least its better than satan
i am not judging, i am just giving facts. his child will have problems later in life if he is given a weird name.
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They're a child, i.e. a person, not your glorified vanity pet or the stigmatic battleground of some utterly cretinous ego-war. If you desire sympathy, perhaps consider a name whose foremost connotation to 99.99% of the Anglosphere isn't 'traitor'.
bobbybrown12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by the bear)
i am not judging, i am just giving facts. his child will have problems later in life if he is given a weird name.
Thats what i thought
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They're against it for obvious reasons. Your child will likely be bullied because of his name.

However if you really want to give your child that name then do so. He can always choose to go by Jude when he's older.
Trillo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Maybe you like the name, but the kid will be bullied for it.

Provided this post isn't a troll.
MWills99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think your family are in the right to be against this. The name Judas is synonymous with being a traitor. It will give him unnecessary problems later in life as most children will learn the Easter story, find out what 'Judas' did in said story and tease/bully your son Judas for it. There are literally hundreds of names to pick, why pick traitor
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I don’t see Judas as a traitor, i see him as someone who was pressured to do something he did not want to do. Also, peter denied judas 3 times and yet people still use the name ‘peter’ i see him no different than Judas. Regardless of what he had done, he has been forgiven by the lord and if any of you have a problem you can take it up with the lord when its your time
MikeyA
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
People will start saying Judas youth instead of pagan youth
bobbybrown12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MikeyA)
People will start saying Judas youth instead of pagan youth
Leave him alone
Joleee
Badges: 18
Report 1 year ago
troll.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
Yeah same I want to call my daughter Iblis but they wont let me
MikeyA
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bobbybrown12)
Leave him alone
Honestly it's a name that makes him an easy target for bullies and while we wish everyone was all nice and lovely to each other it's not the case in real life. If the mom really wants the name then why not just make it his middle name or a nickname, will save him a lot of unnecessary trouble
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don’t see Judas as a traitor, i see him as someone who was pressured to do something he did not want to do. Also, peter denied judas 3 times and yet people still use the name ‘peter’ i see him no different than Judas. Regardless of what he had done, he has been forgiven by the lord and if any of you have a problem you can take it up with the lord when its your time
vanity pet [...] cretinous ego-war
Case-in-point. Once again: person, not lifestyle-accessory *** morality surrogate. If you so desperately covet a suitably ostentatious companion piece to your pious bloviating, buy yourself a hybrid.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Go one further and call it Lucifer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (64)
23.36%
No (210)
76.64%

Watched Threads