The Student Room Group

Is it worth another shot?

Hi,

I achieved BCD in my A levels this year and got into my insurance choice university but have decided to defer a year. However, the more I think about it the more I feel I would like to resit this year in order to try and get into the University of Southampton who asked me for BBB. I am planning on resitting the D as I did much better in my AS and am confident I can get this up with just a bit more practice. Also, I just missed getting a second 'B' grade by 10 UMS in Government and Politics due to me having a really bad exam. I believe the B is very achievable due to me already having an A grade in my AS year which contributes. I have spoken to my teacher and we are both in agreement that I could do better. I can't help feeling like I'm crazy for wanting to resit though as I already have a place at uni 😞 any advice would be appreciated as I can't seem to get out my own head at the moment!
Original post by intergalactichol
Hi,

I achieved BCD in my A levels this year and got into my insurance choice university but have decided to defer a year. However, the more I think about it the more I feel I would like to resit this year in order to try and get into the University of Southampton who asked me for BBB. I am planning on resitting the D as I did much better in my AS and am confident I can get this up with just a bit more practice. Also, I just missed getting a second 'B' grade by 10 UMS in Government and Politics due to me having a really bad exam. I believe the B is very achievable due to me already having an A grade in my AS year which contributes. I have spoken to my teacher and we are both in agreement that I could do better. I can't help feeling like I'm crazy for wanting to resit though as I already have a place at uni 😞 any advice would be appreciated as I can't seem to get out my own head at the moment!

If you’re stuck on the what-ifs then you might as well give it a go! Aim as high as you can with the resits and think about whether you could do an epq or similar to boost your application too.

Your insurance choice will almost certainly be happy to take you again if you reapply (ask them if you like before you withdraw your place).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending