gyllgi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I hope that being active in this thread will force me on track to achieve this high goal.

Current AS grades:

French - A (AA) - 88%
Maths - B (BA) - 78%
English Literature - B (CA) - 76%
Chemistry - B (BB) - 74%

Resits on the table: Maths Unit 1, English Literature Unit 1, haven't decided which paper to resit in Chem yet

Currently studying:

A2 French
A2 English Literature
A2 Chemistry
AS History

I am strongly considering finishing A2 Maths this year instead, and finishing A2 English Lit in my third year. It'll be easier to get back into English than Maths after a year of not doing it. Plus I'll be able to approach things with a fresh mind, and the knowledge I'll have to teach myself pretty much everything right from the start.

I want to study a history degree, so I have another two years ahead of me so I can switch paths. I will continue A2 History next year, fast-track sociology and finish (probably) English then, possibly with an EPQ to prove myself.

I am aiming for A*s in French, History and Sociology (and the EPQ if I do one), As in Maths, Chemistry and English Lit, and at least an M1 in the Short Course Global Perspectives Cambridge Pre-U
Teenage Hype
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lol
gyllgi
Rep:
?
Spent my afternoon in the library today writing up my script for the Cambridge Pre-U. There's still a while to go yet, but I'm hoping to get the whole thing finished and recorded by next Tuesday.

I revised some French vocabulary on immigration and some grammar points. I also went through and translated the next chapter of Kiffe Kiffe Demain for tomorrow's lesson :O

I worked at quite a slow pace today, as I was anticipating a long evening ahead of me. Unfortunately, I got told that I had to go to work tonight, so that's what I did. It's 1am and I've just crawled into bed, so it's time for more presentation writing..
gyllgi
Rep:
?
(Original post by Teenage Hype)
Lol
Thanks for sharing!
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Those are some impressive grades!

Best of luck!
gyllgi
Rep:
?
(Original post by 04MR17)
Those are some impressive grades!

Best of luck!
Thank you!
gyllgi
Rep:
?
Long time no update...

I had my result back for the Short Course Global Perspectives Cambridge Pre-U a few days ago - M1. I'm a little disappointed, but we were the first year to sit this at my college so we were fumbling blind, really.

I've been predicted A*AA for the end of Year 13 in French, English Lit and Chem respectively!

Mocks were... interesting. I had a high A in History and a very low A in Chemistry. I have yet to find out about French and English, but my hopes aren't high. I love Keats, but his exam is pure evil
gyllgi
Rep:
?
I've had all mock results back!

Chemistry - 80% UMS (yikes)
English Lit - 88% UMS
French - 94% UMS
History - 90% Raw marks (not a full paper)

I feel a lot less like I'm drowning now. I can only hope things will continue to improve :')
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gyllgi)
I've had all mock results back!

Chemistry - 80% UMS (yikes)
English Lit - 88% UMS
French - 94% UMS
History - 90% Raw marks (not a full paper)

I feel a lot less like I'm drowning now. I can only hope things will continue to improve :'
Congratulations!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (48)
24.74%
No, but I have thought about it (53)
27.32%
No (93)
47.94%

Watched Threads