The Student Room Group

Driving right after passing my driving practical test?

I just passed yesterday on my driving test. I'm aware i can drive now before my full license comes using my pass certificate. But the question is how do I insure on my new car? Should i do it online? They ask for my license number. Do I give my provisional license number? How will they know I have passed the test without the license? Will they then ask me to send a scanned copy of my pass certificate?

Note: I learned to drive on my instructor's car so I don't have a learner's insurance or anything like that.
Original post by Anonymous
I just passed yesterday on my driving test. I'm aware i can drive now before my full license comes using my pass certificate. But the question is how do I insure on my new car? Should i do it online? They ask for my license number. Do I give my provisional license number? How will they know I have passed the test without the license? Will they then ask me to send a scanned copy of my pass certificate?

Note: I learned to drive on my instructor's car so I don't have a learner's insurance or anything like that.

Your licence number will be the driver number on your pass certificate. (Which is the same as your provisional licence number)
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest