Maryland Shooting: 26-year-old woman kills 3 before turning gun on herself.

Watch
Occitanie
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...s-video-report

Kind of strange that this isn’t making the same sort of headlines as other shootings in the US. I saw an article on the BBC yesterday, but no Live coverage.
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Occitanie)

Kind of strange that this isn’t making the same sort of headlines as other shootings in the US. I saw an article on the BBC yesterday, but no Live coverage.
It was on BBC radio, TV and the website.
The event was resolved there and then because the shooter shot herself, so no in person on the loose angle.

Seems to be like a temp worker went postal. maybe bullying or disrespecting?
QE2
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Occitanie)

A quick Google shows that every news source is covering it.
QE2
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Seems to be like a temp worker went postal. maybe bullying or disrespecting?
Time to arm all employees, to prevent this kind of tragedy happening again.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by QE2)
yeah not as though employee wont end up shooting each other when they get angry.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by QE2)
Tactical assault weapons could be sensibly displayed (with safety off) in attractive deaths-head bins next to fire extinguishers and at water coolers. "Be safe - reach and fire, think later". The resulting death tolls will only be a good thing, due to uplift in sales for weapons systems and resulting employment opportunities in bible belt gunmaker communities. "A sold weapon is as good as God's blessing" - the Gospel according to St Colt, 2:17 - 'Thy Weapons Are Thy Right and Shall be Placed before Trivia such as Life".
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
There's much bigger news right now.
Underscore__
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Good to see some diversity
akbar0123
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
It doesn’t matter in the eyes of the media because the attacker isn’t a Muslim. If the attacker is a Muslim, the attack will get news coverage even if it’s a minor incident like in Amsterdam a few weeks ago.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (138)
33.91%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.29%
No (110)
27.03%
I'm not sure (52)
12.78%

Watched Threads