The Student Room Group

Preparation for University

I see a lot posts on TSR recently with the beginning of the new academic year about young people leaving home to go to university and not being able to cope because of homesickness, feeling isolated, and how it’s not what they expected in terms of how much work is involved.
I know the school system is geared up in the main to going to university, but there oesnt seem to be adequate preparation apart from the academic approach.
Do you think schools prepare young people adequately for university?
Original post by Seamus123
I see a lot posts on TSR recently with the beginning of the new academic year about young people leaving home to go to university and not being able to cope because of homesickness, feeling isolated, and how it’s not what they expected in terms of how much work is involved.
I know the school system is geared up in the main to going to university, but there oesnt seem to be adequate preparation apart from the academic approach.
Do you think schools prepare young people adequately for university?

It depends on the schools mostly i believe.Some schools provide excellent guiding teachers separately which only have the task to guide students as in how they will manage their university life and what field they should opt for.But unfortunately many schools dont give this facility to students so when they get out of school,they hardly know how to continue and this causes difficulties for them throughout their uni life....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending