The Student Room Group

P2 Presentation RAF

Hi!
Booked in my P2 Presentation for October, Any advice on what I should wear to this? Should I dress as if I'm going for an Interview?

Anyome know what I should expect on the day?

Thanks!
Reply 1
You should wear something formal every time you go to your AFCO. I’d recommend a shirt and tie. The presentation is exactly that, just a presentation from a Cpl or Sgt on what to expect from the application process and how to prepare for each stage. There’s a Q&A session as well. You’ll probably be there a few hours at least
Agreed with the above. Treat every stage of the process like it’s an interview and dress accordingly (aside from the medical and fitness tests of course). Most folk on my P2 wore suits, however, if you don’t own one - no matter - a shirt, tie, smart trousers and polished shoes will go down a treat. Look smart - you’ll feel good. Best of luck.
Reply 3
P2 is for Officer/NCO so will usually be given by an officer.

If you can, dress smartly, but be comfortable; you'll be spending time just sitting. Pen and paper may be provided but worth having your own for note-taking. Take something to carry home your notes and any literature you are given; rucksack, messenger bag, one of those zip-around folders.

This part of the process isn't assessed. I wouldn't expect jeans and t-shirt, but people aren't judged if they've made an effort to get there and come straight from work in a barista uniform. Same as it doesn't matter if can't answer questions. The presentation is to tell you what to expect later. Make the most of it.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by RobH989
You should wear something formal every time you go to your AFCO. I’d recommend a shirt and tie. The presentation is exactly that, just a presentation from a Cpl or Sgt on what to expect from the application process and how to prepare for each stage. There’s a Q&A session as well. You’ll probably be there a few hours at least

Original post by 0902
Agreed with the above. Treat every stage of the process like it’s an interview and dress accordingly (aside from the medical and fitness tests of course). Most folk on my P2 wore suits, however, if you don’t own one - no matter - a shirt, tie, smart trousers and polished shoes will go down a treat. Look smart - you’ll feel good. Best of luck.

Original post by Surnia
P2 is for Officer/NCO so will usually be given by an officer.

If you can, dress smartly, but be comfortable; you'll be spending time just sitting. Pen and paper may be provided but worth having your own for note-taking. Take something to carry home your notes and any literature you are given; rucksack, messenger bag, one of those zip-around folders.

This part of the process isn't assssed. I wouldn't expect jeans and t-shirt, but people aren't judged if they've made an effort to get there and come straight from work in a barista uniform. Same as it doesn't matter if can't answer questions. The presentation is to tell you what to expect later. Make the most of it.

Thanks for your helpful information! I'm a girl so will wear something equally as smart as a shirt/tie/trousers(not that I can't wear that, I just don't own this stuff and don't have a tonne of money to spend on new stuff😂 I have smart interview wear from previous Interviews that should work fine I think!)
Thanks again😁
Original post by marveldinosaur
Thanks for your helpful information! I'm a girl so will wear something equally as smart as a shirt/tie/trousers(not that I can't wear that, I just don't own this stuff and don't have a tonne of money to spend on new stuff😂 I have smart interview wear from previous Interviews that should work fine I think!)
Thanks again😁

I feel like a numpty now! Your previous interview wear will be fine. Best of luck.

Quick Reply

Latest