American student applying to uni through UCAS

Watch
laylaedwards
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm a senior in high school in the U.S. and I'm very interested in attending university in the U.K. My grades and test scores aren't great, as of now my GPA is a 2.7 unweighted, I have an 1110 on the SAT and I have an AP score of 3 for World History. I'm interested in going to uni in London but I'm open to pretty much anywhere in England, as long as it's a nice area and not too remote. I'm applying for 2019 entry and I would like to do a course in communication(s) or sociology. I'm super confused on how to apply with UCAS, in the U.S. we don't have qualifications or exam center numbers and I'm really struggling. If anybody could leave comments recommending decent unis I actually have a chance of getting accepted into or tips to help with the UCAS application I would appreciate that so much. Thanks!
kb_123xx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by laylaedwards)
I'm a senior in high school in the U.S. and I'm very interested in attending university in the U.K. My grades and test scores aren't great, as of now my GPA is a 2.7 unweighted, I have an 1110 on the SAT and I have an AP score of 3 for World History. I'm interested in going to uni in London but I'm open to pretty much anywhere in England, as long as it's a nice area and not too remote. I'm applying for 2019 entry and I would like to do a course in communication(s) or sociology. I'm super confused on how to apply with UCAS, in the U.S. we don't have qualifications or exam center numbers and I'm really struggling. If anybody could leave comments recommending decent unis I actually have a chance of getting accepted into or tips to help with the UCAS application I would appreciate that so much. Thanks!
go on different website and their requirements. btw the uk is some **** place tho. I wanna come study america whrn I'm finish with skl
laylaedwards
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Why do you think the uk is bad? If you’re coming to study in America have fun going into hundreds of thousands of dollars into debt, some of our unis are really good but can be very expensive and personally I think our education system has a lot of flaws. Good luck tho!
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by laylaedwards)
My son applied to UK universities from California, and is just starting his second year at Imperial, so we've been through this. He had seven APs, six at 5 and one at 4, and a (new) SAT score of (IIRC) 1460.

For good universities (and potentially all), you're going to need three APs / SAT subject tests, but this includes ones that you're taking in your Senior year - offers are conditional on your results. Most don't ask for, or care about, your HS transcript / GPA. My son didn't have any target universities that would accept fewer than three, so I can't help there. I'd recommend that you look at a subject ranking (e.g. The Times Higher Education one) and research the requirements for eqch university on their website.

If you manage to find one that will accept you, it'll can be quite expensive.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (135)
14.61%
I'm not sure (40)
4.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (280)
30.3%
I have already dropped out (24)
2.6%
I'm not a current university student (445)
48.16%

Watched Threads