Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm applying with a 2:1 in medical sciences from UCL and Masters in Integrated immunology from Oxford. UKCAT 717.5 average. Think I'm borderline at best Haha

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

4th Year Barts Medic here, if any of you require help/assistance in getting through Barts' application process this year, get in touch! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by med-admission)
    Hey guys,

4th Year Barts Medic here, if any of you require help/assistance in getting through Barts' application process this year, get in touch! Good luck
    Will be in touch if am lucky enough to get an interview 😂 thanks so much, appreciate it!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

That’s really kind of you, thank you! Like Kentbiomedic, I too will be calling on you if I am lucky enough to get an interview😅

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I am an undergraduate and have already applied. With regard to ucas tariff points, how does QMUl count them, and are my certified 3A’s at AS in modular exams counted as well as my 4A*s predicted? Thank you in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Finally! Got a letter from Bart’s today saying that they will allow me extenuating circumstances for taking an extra year to do my undergrad degree, and that I will be ranked alongside everyone else by my degree classification and UKCAT score.
    I’m so relieved - if they had said no I would’ve wasted a choice, phew!😅

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethyO)
    x
    Bet that's a massive relief!

Does anyone know when Barts are sending out their interview invites? - Not that I'm counting on them inviting me after my appaling UKCAT lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jin3011)
    Bet that's a massive relief!

Does anyone know when Barts are sending out their interview invites? - Not that I'm counting on them inviting me after my appaling UKCAT lol.
    I think I read on their website that we are unlikely to hear anything before mid December, as their selection process is very complex😬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethyO)
    x
    Does anyone even know what their selection process is? lol. They don't seem very transparent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jin3011)
    Does anyone even know what their selection process is? lol. They don't seem very transparent
    No they’re not really, are they?!😂 All I know is that they supposedly place 50/50 weighting on academic merit and UKCAT🤷🏻*♀️

ReputationRep:
    On Thursday I got a request for information for my transcript and reasons why it took more than 3 years to complete my degree. I responded on the same day but haven't heard anything back yet. I did a foundation year then normal three year degree so hope they accept that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fabrique)
    On Thursday I got a request for information for my transcript and reasons why it took more than 3 years to complete my degree. I responded on the same day but haven't heard anything back yet. I did a foundation year then normal three year degree so hope they accept that!
    Hey, did you get an email or was it requested through MySIS?

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who never got a MySIS login? I haven’t heard anything from QMUL at all (although with a 2.1 I’m sure it won’t be good news anyway )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GEM_2019)
    Am I the only one who never got a MySIS login? I haven’t heard anything from QMUL at all (although with a 2.1 I’m sure it won’t be good news anyway )
    It could’ve gone to your junk folder might be worth checking there for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kentbiomedic)
    Hey, did you get an email or was it requested through MySIS?
    I got an email to say I had a request on MySIS so had to log in to view the message.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fabrique)
    I got an email to say I had a request on MySIS so had to log in to view the message.
    Ah okay thank you! All the best with your application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GEM_2019)
    I didn’t get one either but I applied last year, just checked and it’s all the same login, so if you did apply last year that might be why you haven’t heard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chattycc21)
    I didn’t get one either but I applied last year, just checked and it’s all the same login, so if you did apply last year that might be why you haven’t heard
    Ah thanks, Ive never applied before though so I’m not sure! I’ll drop them an email, thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I applied with predicted 1st BSc and 772, Band1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gem-101)
    Hi! I applied with predicted 1st BSc and 772, Band1
    Hello
    That’s a great UKCAT👍 Where else have you applied, and what’s your first choice?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 12, 2018

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.