Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have just started year 11, and the stress getting too much for me. I have mocks end of November, and I don’t know any revision methods

Any one have any revision tips or stress tips ?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You need to put in a good amount of work everyday after school if you haven't done so already.

Some study techniques:
    Pomodoro technique- Use this when you're studying as it helps to deal with procrastination.
    Feynman technique- ensures you actually understand the content.
    Spaced repetition- Consolidates long term memory.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I use stress as motivation; it makes me productive

ReputationRep:
    Revision guides helped me a lot as they simplify a lot of the stuff. You don't even have to rewrite notes, you can just answer questions on topics and even do some past paper questions. At this point it's about seeing what you don't know and filling in knowledge. Remember, mocks are there so you can see just how prepared you are for the real thing. Even if you fail your mocks you still have tons of time to improve. Take it from me, I got a U in my mock for physics and then for the actual thing, after practicing exam technique AS WELL as knowledge (both are very important) I managed to get a 6. The fact that you're stressed means that you care and you'll probably do even better than me.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Stress can be helpful; take it from something with anxiety disorder, who panicked every other day for the year running up to GCSEs, ensure that you know the content well, keep on top of your work and revise everything - even the things you know (but don't spend too long on it), and you will be fine. Good luck.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.