The Student Room Group

Home Office, Executive Caseworker, Hounslow

I received a job offer from Immigration Enforcement for the EO role on the 29th June 2018, I hadn't heard anything from them until a few days ago where they sent me pre-employment forms to fill out. However, when I e-mailed them asking the progress of my application and when I will receive a start date I was told they would not be able to give me an answer. I just wanted to know if anyone else is in this situation?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey I’m in the same position with same timings, have emailed and asked and been told the same thing. After reading through other discussions I’m presuming things are still going to be a while before we’re all put into place, seems like things move quite slowly but it’s frustrating not being given an update!
Original post by 1x9x9x2
Hey I’m in the same position with same timings, have emailed and asked and been told the same thing. After reading through other discussions I’m presuming things are still going to be a while before we’re all put into place, seems like things move quite slowly but it’s frustrating not being given an update!

So frustrating! Have you received your CTC link yet? I've noticed a few other people have got theirs but I haven't had any update on that side. I also emailed UKSV but they told me they haven't got my details from the employers.
Reply 3
Original post by alinamansfield
So frustrating! Have you received your CTC link yet? I've noticed a few other people have got theirs but I haven't had any update on that side. I also emailed UKSV but they told me they haven't got my details from the employers.

I still haven’t either! I sent everything back as soon as I could too so hoping it comes through soon
Hey. I applied for AO role in Hounslow and got my prov offer on 3rd August. Then on 19th September I got asked to send 3 forms electronically and 1 via post. 7 days later (26th sept) got sent the CTC link! I also got emailed the day after asking me for referees (who got contacted literally today.)So for me, I am now just waiting for CTC. I think as long as you've been sent the forms to fill out and stuff, you'll be fine? It seems like stuff is moving along now (fingers crossed)
Another point to add - do everything electronically, and you can sign electronically too to avoid scanning etc. I also asked if it's possible to get a start date before CTC clearance (since on that email it said it can take up to 37 calender days) and they said no.
Original post by lannisterstan
Hey. I applied for AO role in Hounslow and got my prov offer on 3rd August. Then on 19th September I got asked to send 3 forms electronically and 1 via post. 7 days later (26th sept) got sent the CTC link! I also got emailed the day after asking me for referees (who got contacted literally today.)So for me, I am now just waiting for CTC. I think as long as you've been sent the forms to fill out and stuff, you'll be fine? It seems like stuff is moving along now (fingers crossed)

Hey snap! I got offered the same job on the same day and am kinda in the same boat as you! I'm just finishing off my Questionnaire (already done all the other forms and given referee details)

The Government Recruitment Service called me today regarding my application but i didn't pick up (no caller ID) and i'll have to phone back Monday. I'm so nervous about what they need to speak about, I'm worried its something bad like '' we dont want to offer the job anymore'' :frown:(( I feel so sick.
(edited 5 years ago)
The same happened to me! I also missed the call and I was so annoyed at myself. Fingers crossed it'll be standardand nothing bad:frown:
The same happened to me! I also missed the call and I was so annoyed at myself. Fingers crossed it'll be standardand nothing bad:frown:

Oh did you get the call today???

Apparently the call is just to ask if you’ve done the form yet (security one).
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Notions97
Oh did you get the call today???

Apparently the call is just to ask if you’ve done the form yet (security one).

I hope that's what it's about, although I don't see why they can't just email us about that? It'll be good to talk to someone though
I hope that's what it's about, although I don't see why they can't just email us about that? It'll be good to talk to someone though

I’d prefer an email tbh, I doubt they can answer any other questions related to the role and other logistics etc. Will let you know once I’ve spoken to them!
Any updates? I called them and they said they did not know why I was called and would find out for me :s
Hey! Sorry I’ve been tied up but yeah basically the lady on the phone took my name and then said it was just to check that I had received the email containing the vetting link and if I had any questions! I just told her that I was nearly finished and would send it off soon. Hmm that’s strange they don’t have a note down on why they called you... did they leave a voicemail for you after you missed the call?
Reply 13
Hey guys. I’m in a similar position. I applied for EO at the end of May, interviewed at the end of June and got my provisional offer a few days later. Heard nothing for a few months and then was sent all the forms to complete to start pre-employment checks. Filled them in ASAP and heard nothing until Sunday 30th Sept when I was contacted to send my references, sent these right away and got a confirmation email and since then it’s been quiet again. Haven’t received a CTC link that I’ve seen others talking about!

Quite confusing that it seems so many are at different stages and have received things at different times as you’d think they’d want us all starting and training together at the same time! I haven’t made my current work aware yet that I’m leaving as I just don’t know when we can expect to start and with the way things are and from others experience feel like I’ll be lucky to even start this year!
Original post by 123-hbl
Hey guys. I’m in a similar position. I applied for EO at the end of May, interviewed at the end of June and got my provisional offer a few days later. Heard nothing for a few months and then was sent all the forms to complete to start pre-employment checks. Filled them in ASAP and heard nothing until Sunday 30th Sept when I was contacted to send my references, sent these right away and got a confirmation email and since then it’s been quiet again. Haven’t received a CTC link that I’ve seen others talking about!

Quite confusing that it seems so many are at different stages and have received things at different times as you’d think they’d want us all starting and training together at the same time! I haven’t made my current work aware yet that I’m leaving as I just don’t know when we can expect to start and with the way things are and from others experience feel like I’ll be lucky to even start this year!

Hey I’m for AO but al the above happened for me as well, just gotta be patient but the next step is defo the link to complete the questionnaire :smile: Also I’d say a realistic start is Jan 2019. December if you’re really lucky because it takes UPTO 37 days AFTER you’ve sent your questionnaire off, but that would just be an inconvenient and awkward time unless it’s at the start of the month. Just hang in there I guess! I wonder where all the other AO’s are...
Reply 15
Original post by Notions97
Hey I’m for AO but al the above happened for me as well, just gotta be patient but the next step is defo the link to complete the questionnaire :smile: Also I’d say a realistic start is Jan 2019. December if you’re really lucky because it takes UPTO 37 days AFTER you’ve sent your questionnaire off, but that would just be an inconvenient and awkward time unless it’s at the start of the month. Just hang in there I guess! I wonder where all the other AO’s are...

I thought there would be a lot of others for the same jobs posting since from what I remember when applying they were taking on quite a high intake! I’ve followed the main thread for a while but it mostly seems to be people for liverpool. It’s definitely getting tiring waiting as I’m so keen to start but from reading the thread when I first applied I’d seen how long it could take, just hoping my experience isn’t as bad as some others where it took them a year+ to start :frown:
Original post by 123-hbl
I thought there would be a lot of others for the same jobs posting since from what I remember when applying they were taking on quite a high intake! I’ve followed the main thread for a while but it mostly seems to be people for liverpool. It’s definitely getting tiring waiting as I’m so keen to start but from reading the thread when I first applied I’d seen how long it could take, just hoping my experience isn’t as bad as some others where it took them a year+ to start :frown:

Hmm no I don’t think so, there were a few people in that thread that have similar timescales to us (for all the stages we’ve been through already) so I’m assuming in terms of getting clearance and a start date the timescale will be the same roughly.
Original post by 123-hbl

When I went for my interview she said they were interviewing for 40 positions, and that it should take 3 months ish before everything finishes and that's worst case scenario. So far they have until the end of October to fulfil that promise! I filled out my CTC on 26th September, so it's already been 12/37 days. Hopefully if it lives up to that timeline (and hopefully sooner) it'll mean things will go smoothly for our lot? I will def let you know, I've been checking mt CTC portal everyday seeing if it has been done early :')

I also think a lot of the other threads had a lot of people on reservces, and were in differing job roles/departments?
Reply 18
When I went for my interview she said they were interviewing for 40 positions, and that it should take 3 months ish before everything finishes and that's worst case scenario. So far they have until the end of October to fulfil that promise! I filled out my CTC on 26th September, so it's already been 12/37 days. Hopefully if it lives up to that timeline (and hopefully sooner) it'll mean things will go smoothly for our lot? I will def let you know, I've been checking mt CTC portal everyday seeing if it has been done early :')

I also think a lot of the other threads had a lot of people on reservces, and were in differing job roles/departments?

It seems like AO are further along the process than us EO’s so it may be we start at different times! Just stressing out waiting for this CTC link to come through but I do hope we start this year!
Reply 19
I had my CTC confirmation email almost two weeks ago now so I'm assuming that the only thing now is to just wait. I think if I don't hear anything by the end of this week then I'll send an email and ask for an update and when I'm likely to hear of a start date.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending