ludmila7777
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello, I am a student from Slovakia and I am going to apply for Medicine course this year. I need to offer GCSEs in Maths, Biology, Chemistry and a few other subjects. The problem is that I have no GCSEs. I read that many universities accept GCSE equivalent, but I am not sure what does that mean. I found many different information online, I read the equivalent of GCSE are the grades from 9th year, or at the end of the primary education, some sites provide the information that "Vysvedcenie o maturitnej skuske" is the equivalent of GCSE (which is clearly not true) . I am very confused and I would appreciate some help from Czech/Slovak students who had the same experience or know what to do in my situation.
Thanks
BalazSimon
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I had the same problem. so let be just go straight ahead GCSE is equivilant to Vysvedceni z 8 aneb 9 tridy.Maturitni Zkouska is equivalent to A-level or BTEC Extended diploma
Slavie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi. I am just wondering if there was any update on the theme of GCSE in Slovak language, (or anything equivalent), where to prepare and take exam...We have Slovakian nationality, we are based in the UK and would like find out, where could our children do GCSE in our native language, which is Slovakian.Any relevant information would be appreciated.Thank you.
PavlaManc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know it is a late reply, but currently it is not possible to take Czech or Slovak language GCSE. There is no such thing as none of the awarding bodies offer that qualification.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (33)
34.74%
No (49)
51.58%
I don't know (13)
13.68%

Watched Threads