The Student Room Group

How come I couldn't do this simple simple task?

hAt work for a training day we practiced a cognition test on each other (that is meant for elderly people) and I was doing well but then when asked the name of the president of the US for some reason Obama came into my head. I said his name then realised I was wrong but I couldn't think of the current president (Donald trump). I still had Obama in m head and this lasted for several minutes I couldn't name the us prime minister or even visualise him. Someone else was watching. Then at the end the person I was working with showed me the answer and I was like 'bloody hell I knew this'. I watch the news and hear of his politics most days. I even call him and his ideas. I knew that he was president of the US so how come I didn't know during this practice test? Its weird and I've massively shown myself up. Ive always had dopy moments a lot. Its as though something deep inside me causes me to make mistakes and show myself up. How come I was so thick?
Its alright dont beat yourself up about it. People forget things all the time its human nature! Im sure your colleagues will understand. Tests arent everything, they go and come. Youve plenty of tests in your future that you can redeem yourself if you like. Go relax now.

Quick Reply

Latest