Building relationships with girls Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi, I’m 19 and only today have I come to the realisation that I really don’t know what I’m doing when I meet a girl.

I took a gap year where I basically did nothing at all and it was fun cause school and sixth form were stressful and in that time I didn’t talk to girls at all.

Since starting uni I’ve really enjoyed speaking with girls again and being confident and flirting/teasing a little but then I really don’t know what to do after that. Especially in lectures and classrooms. Like how do I maintain friendships and then build relationships with women? Girls always seem to appear for a day and we hit it off and then I never see them again. I always fall for girls that are “out of my league” (leagues don’t exist but they’re always unattainable women for whatever reason). How do I focus on building relationships with girls I actually speak to? Thanks.
SherlockMetson
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Best relationships are built on friendship.Just chill out a little and chat without thoughts of anything further. You may be trying a bit too hard. Easy to say just be yourself but it's true. (Unless you chew raw garlic, worship the lizard people and dress as a Eurovision tribute act..then you might be a bit niche!). Let it all happen in its own time. You'll be fine.
Zarek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
It's a common problem. What you're doing sounds fine. Where you sense some interest returned ask the person out. Otherwise keep flirting and having a wide circle of friends. Appearance and humour seem to be the most powerful drivers of attraction so optimise both as much as you can.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (33)
13.87%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.82%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
21.01%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (34)
14.29%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (29)
12.18%
How can I be the best version of myself? (71)
29.83%

Watched Threads