The Student Room Group

Starting my PGCE Biology Placement on Monday, HELP!

Hey Guys;

I am starting my PGCE placement on Monday and would greatly appreciate any help/advice anyone could give me. This will be a part of the "Induction Programme" which I don't quite know what that means. =l

Anyway, needless to say I am ****ing nervous! DX
Planning on wear simple suit trousers, a shirt, shoes and tie. I do have a blazer but I don't want to make it look as though I'm trying too hard...

Any help/advice will be appreciated!
Original post by Scienceisgood
Hey Guys;

I am starting my PGCE placement on Monday and would greatly appreciate any help/advice anyone could give me. This will be a part of the "Induction Programme" which I don't quite know what that means. =l

Anyway, needless to say I am ****ing nervous! DX
Planning on wear simple suit trousers, a shirt, shoes and tie. I do have a blazer but I don't want to make it look as though I'm trying too hard...

Any help/advice will be appreciated!
What you are wearing sounds fine - make sure you aren't too cold if the weather is miserable where you are though.:redface:
What you’re wearing sounds fine. You can take your blazer and leave it in the staff room if you feel too formal - it’s always better to be too formal than too informal!

You’ll probably just spend the day getting shown around the school and filling in forms. If you’re lucky you may get to observe a few lessons, but it will mostly be admin stuff so nothing to worry over. Try to enjoy it! :smile:
How exciting! I love the first couple of days of placement. Take any advice you can get from the teachers, take notes on any observations- think about class/behaviour management, lesson hooks etc. If you notice any type of teaching you aren't such a fan of, or a technique/style you love, write it down for future reference :smile: You will develop your own teaching style and techniques, but it's good to remember what you do and don't want to be!

Make sure you smile at the kids and have a laugh with them, they often think teachers are boring, stony people as we have so much to do/remember and are often stressed, so it's always good to remind them that we can have a laugh too!

Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending