Age requirement??!? for QMUL Watch

JYLee2019
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
basically I've asked QMUL about age requirements and they came back with really contradicting information. Does anyone know if there is one? (I'm 16 in August 2018, so YOB is 2002, and I'm applying for the September 2019 entry)

Info from email below:

"Queen Mary may also enrol students who are under 18 in the year of entry provided they will become 18 within the first year of study at the College (ie by 31 August)."

I will be 18 within the first year of the course (by 31st August 2020)

"We cannot admits students who are 16 at the age of registration"

I'm 16 now?? which is the case????

Can someone who is studying at Queen Mary ask admissions for me bc I've called them like 6 times over a few days, and sent them like 4 emails please. (I'm an oxbridge applicant as well so I don't have much time left
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by JYLee2019)
basically I've asked QMUL about age requirements and they came back with really contradicting information. Does anyone know if there is one? (I'm 16 in August 2018, so YOB is 2002, and I'm applying for the September 2019 entry)

Info from email below:

"Queen Mary may also enrol students who are under 18 in the year of entry provided they will become 18 within the first year of study at the College (ie by 31 August)."

Can someone who is studying at Queen Mary ask admissions for me bc I've called them like 6 times over a few days, and sent them like 4 emails please. (I'm an oxbridge applicant as well so I don't have much time left
You cannot be all that bright. Read your own post again. You say they cannot admit students who are 16 at age of registration.

You say you were 16 in August 2018. You are applying for 2019. You will be 17 in September 2019
Infinite Series
  • Answer Heroes
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
You cannot be all that bright. Read your own post again. You say they cannot admit students who are 16 at age of registration.

You say you were 16 in August 2018. You are applying for 2019. You will be 17 in September 2019
Qwik Maffs
JYLee2019
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)

They allow students who turn 18 WITHIN the FIRST YEAR of the course (literally on the email ie 2020), unless i got the definition of 'within the first year of the course' wrong. If what I say is correct, they literally contradict their own words
squeakysquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
They allow students who turn 18 WITHIN the FIRST YEAR of the course (literally on the email ie 2020), unless i got the definition of 'within the first year of the course' wrong. If what I say is correct, they literally contradict their own words
So the first year of the course which will go from September 2019 to August 2020 the OP will be 18 in the August 2020.

And before you say the year goes from September to May yes it may do for undergrads but Masters academic year is September to August
Student1191
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Did you cheat in your exams? You can even understand that basic email
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
JohanGRK
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago

Info from email below:

You won't be 16 at the time of registration. You'll be registering in September 2019. You'll be 17 by then.

It seems that you're one year too young, given that you'll be 17 throughout the entirety of first year. Most people are 18 during first year, and turn 19 at some point during it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (61)
15.17%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (39)
9.7%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (76)
18.91%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (59)
14.68%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (44)
10.95%
How can I be the best version of myself? (123)
30.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise