The Student Room Group

Facilitating subjects

Do maths and further maths count as two facilitating subjects. I want to do an economics degree but they are the only facilitating subjects I chose. Should I have done more facilitating subjects? Will I be at a disadvantage?
They do count as facilitating subjects, what other subjects did you choose?
Reply 2
Original post by alevelphysicist
They do count as facilitating subjects, what other subjects did you choose?

I chose maths, further maths, economics and music
Original post by Becca0602
I chose maths, further maths, economics and music

Since economics A-level is relevant to the degree you’ll be fine
Reply 4
Original post by Becca0602
Do maths and further maths count as two facilitating subjects. I want to do an economics degree but they are the only facilitating subjects I chose. Should I have done more facilitating subjects? Will I be at a disadvantage?

I'm not sure if they count as 2 facilitating subjects, but that's not my point here! Please don't worry about facilitating subjects!

I did 3 non-facilitating subjects at A2 level (with a non-facilitating AS level) and I currently study at a Russell Group University, I also received offers from all the other universities I applied for, including 2 other Russell Group Universities.

To be more specific, I did A2 levels in Psychology, Philosophy & Ethics and Media Studies (A*AA) - I study at Exeter.

So the answer is - yes you can get into a Russell Group university with subjects such as media studies, even though some people look down on them.

If I got in with 0 'facilitating subjects', I'm sure you can with 1.

The most important thing to consider when choosing A Levels is - do you enjoy the subject? - If you enjoy it, you'll work hard at it and come out with good grades.

It is of course also important to consider whether you are already good at the subject (if you are doing it at GCSE)

I hope this helped, please go and study what you enjoy and study it well!

Quick Reply

Latest