A-level Chemistry specification Watch

zahrahanifff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Just wondering, for A level Chemistry , how much do you need to know about the history of the atom? I’ve just started and the AQA specification says we only need to “appreciate” that the model has changed, but in the textbook there’s an entire page on its history. If anyone is doing A level Chemistry, can they help me out?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by zahrahanifff; 5 months ago
Dylann
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by zahrahanifff)
Just wondering, for A level Chemistry , how much do you need to know about the history of the atom? I’ve just started and the AQA specification says we only need to “appreciate” that the model has changed, but in the textbook there’s an entire page on its history. If anyone is doing A level Chemistry, can they help me out?

Not doing a-level but have almost finished a master's in chemistry and i wouldn't be able to tell you about the history of the atom. something to do with a bohr model? i dont know. i vaguely remember that being in the spec when i did a-level, they almost definitely won't question something that's not actually about chemistry. there's a lot harder stuff in the spec you should focus on more
Reality Check
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by zahrahanifff)
The History of the Atom can probably be dispensed with so you can concentrate on the trickier aspects of physical chemistry!
zahra213267
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Thank you so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.58%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.85%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (136)
16.96%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.21%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (78)
9.73%
How can I be the best version of myself? (246)
30.67%

Watched Threads