0%
Other (1)
6.25%
albertrobson1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
With October right around the corner, spooky season is getting closer and closer and that means one thing: putting the horror films on and cowering behind the sofa.

But which horror film is the best ever in your opinion. Maybe it's one of the classics like "Night of the Living Dead" or "Dracula"? Perhaps something from horror's golden era like "Halloween", "The Exorcist" or "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (there's a lot from this section so I wouldn't blame you). Or maybe you're bold enough to put something more recent at the top of the list, such as "A Quiet Place" or "Get Out"

I'll put a poll up of some of the best horror films of all time for you to vote on, or maybe you prefer something that isn't on the list; either way, let me know your thoughts in the comments.
kb_123xx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by albertrobson1)
With October right around the corner, spooky season is getting closer and closer and that means one thing: putting the horror films on and cowering behind the sofa.

But which horror film is the best ever in your opinion. Maybe it's one of the classics like "Night of the Living Dead" or "Dracula"? Perhaps something from horror's golden era like "Halloween", "The Exorcist" or "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (there's a lot from this section so I wouldn't blame you). Or maybe you're bold enough to put something more recent at the top of the list, such as "A Quiet Place" or "Get Out"

I'll put a poll up of some of the best horror films of all time for you to vote on, or maybe you prefer something that isn't on the list; either way, let me know your thoughts in the comments.
I honestly like the horros from the 80s onwards the ones that we have now r the biggest ****s ever
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Out of that list, I would say The Exorcist. Honorable mentions would be The Wicker Man (1973) and The Cabinet of Dr Caligari (1920)
StephRadriguez
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Always gonna be Alien for me!
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I miss the Saw and Hostel series in this poll. Blair WItch Project was quite creepy, but not so violent and scary like the others mentioned horror films.
username3444162
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Omen is one that’s not on the list that I think is a pretty great watch
ElizabethA301102
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
I miss the Saw and Hostel series in this poll. Blair WItch Project was quite creepy, but not so violent and scary like the others mentioned horror films.
But with Blair Witch it was shot in a way that no other, it didn’t need to be violent it was disturbing and messed with your mind people thought it was real that says something but I do agree saw should be on there not sure about hostel I liked them no.1 was good but the only good part about no.2 was the beginning linking to 1
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My life.
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
from the 'golden age':
Re-animator (1985)
Hellraiser(1987)
An American werewolf in London (1981)

And of course everyone should watch
Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)
Roindiana28
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The Shining (1980).
I really like some recent ones aswell, like Insidious (2011) and The Autopsy of Jane doe (2017)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (197)
27.06%
Not great so far... (263)
36.13%
I want to drop out! (137)
18.82%

Watched Threads