The Student Room Group

What do you want to do in the future?

Do you know what you want to do in college, uni, after that? Or are you like me and don't have a clue because you don't really feel you have a flair for anything in particular?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm like you, I don't have a clue at all even though I probably should by now
I am in year 10 and when i am older I wanna be a social media manger and vloger and in collage I wanna do a creative media course
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ASJ_12
Do you know what you want to do in college, uni, after that? Or are you like me and don't have a clue because you don't really feel you have a flair for anything in particular?

I'm the same so I might as well earn a lot of money if I don't know what I want.

I'm not going to regret earning a lot of money but I might regret a career choice when I find it hard to earn a liveable wage.
Original post by ASJ_12

Have a clue for my life, but it is always changing in a glimpse of an eye. It is not because I know what I would do, it is because I am liberal and open-minded to jobs.
Reply 5
Win the lottery.
Reply 6
i want to do french, german and spanish for my a levels and then modern foreign languages at either the university of oxford or durham. then i want to become either a language teacher or a translator (obviously i would need to get a pgce to become a teacher)
Reply 7
Original post by ASJ_12

I'm currently in Year 11, doing my GCSE's and a FSMQ Further Maths qualification, aiming to get Level 7's-9's in every subject(But particularly high grades in Maths and Physics) and an A* in FSMQ(AddMaths).

I want to do Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics at A level, and I am aiming to go to Cambridge, Warwick or Oxford to study Maths(applied Maths and statistics probably), aiming for a 1st. I currently want to go into Finance after that, but I'm not sure what area of Finance I want to go into, probably Actuarial Finance or Investment banking.
Unicorn trainer.:biggrin:
Original post by 04MR17
Unicorn trainer.:biggrin:

If it comes to this in the future, I will begin a career as a breeder for cerberus-like dogs. :biggrin:
Get laid
I want to be a veterinary nurse, get a cozy house in a nice area near the beach with my dog and go travelling together in my spare time :biggrin:
It is perfectly fine to not know what you want to do. Things change and you may go through a couple of jobs then settle down. I want to become a paramedic so I’m studying paramedic science hopefully next year!
Original post by ASJ_12

I always knew what I wanted to do and where I wanted to be in life and who I wanted to become but now that I am very close to moving 1 step closer to the dream it feels impossible to do so.
Who is the fittest gilr you know?
I'm interested in grand unified theory, so probably work on that in some way if I can.
I'm currently in Year 11 I've been predicted to get majority 9's with a few 8's, I'm working hard to do well in my IGCSE's tbh. I will be doing the International Baccalaureate or IB once I finished my IGCSE's and I'm aiming for high 30's low 40's. I will be trying out for head girl position and I hope to be involved in a range of extra curricular activities.

I really want to go to uni in the UK I'm not completely sure on my major but I love Law, Economics and Finance. My firm choices would be UCL and LSE, Oxford and Cambridge are hard to get into and I don't know whether I should take the risk of applying but we'll see when the time comes😅
Original post by Pinkvip124
I am in year 10 and when i am older I wanna be a social media manger and vloger and in collage I wanna do a creative media course

I'm in year 10 too and I want to do a levels in History, English Literature, French and either philosophy to AS level, core maths and the EPQ (about human rights law) or History, English Literature, French and Maths to AS level and make my EPQ about the philosophy of law-to do law with french at a top university like UCL or Oxbridge because all their courses look really good and give you an excellent law education (although I understand most other universities obviously do) and most barristers come from top universities-I want to become a barrister but if not then I want to be a primary school teacher or social worker-i want to make a difference.
I'm in Year Ten, and pretty much aiming for Oxbridge as far as anyone's concerned. But I have no clue what to do with my life, because I love all my subjects, and all my teachers think I should do something in their field.

To be honest, I think being a plane pilot would be pretty cool. You can get training scholarships as a girl because they're trying to address the gender balance, and it's the highest paid job in the UK on average, plus you get to travel the world. I would feel somewhat guilty about the environment, though.
At the moment I'm planning to finish the last year of my BSc, take a year out to work and raise money so I can do a Masters, then get a job in flood risk consultancy/modelling, perhaps with the Environment Agency. My plans change all the time though :tongue:

Quick Reply