Can someone give advice on Personal Statement without stealing it Watch

JCIM
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I applying to Cambridge for HSPS with predicted grades of A*AA. Can someone with experience of successful PS writing please give me some advice. Help would be much appreciated!
JCIM
Rep:
?
bump
y.u.mad.bro?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No you can't send it to anyone. If you want advice on it, I suggest to post it here
JCIM
Rep:
?
(Original post by y.u.mad.bro?)
No you can't send it to anyone. If you want advice on it, I suggest to post it here
Is there a risk of people copying if I send it there? Would really like someone other than me to read it but worried about my hard work being magpied
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JCIM)
I applying to Cambridge for HSPS with predicted grades of A*AA. Can someone with experience of successful PS writing please give me some advice. Help would be much appreciated!
(Original post by JCIM)
bump
Patience please...

(Original post by y.u.mad.bro?)
^this.

But start here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4237154
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JCIM)
Is there a risk of people copying if I send it there? Would really like someone other than me to read it but worried about my hard work being magpied
No it's a confidential TSR service run by a select group of experienced current/recent university students.
richardsmith
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I am also applying for hsps at cambridge. Have you started preparing for the admission test or the interview??
JCIM
Rep:
?
(Original post by richardsmith)
Hi I am also applying for hsps at cambridge. Have you started preparing for the admission test or the interview??
I haven't started preparing for either. But I will start preparing for Admissions test soon.
JCIM
Rep:
?
(Original post by Doonesbury)
No it's a confidential TSR service run by a select group of experienced current/recent university students.
Thanks Doonesbury
richardsmith
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JCIM)
I haven't started preparing for either. But I will start preparing for Admissions test soon.
Same. Maybe we can share ideas? Are you applying for the IR/Politics or the Sociology or the Anthropology track? What is your PS going to be based on?
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JCIM)
Thanks Doonesbury
Note, you should write your PS for the benefit of your other course/university choices. Cambridge gets the additional PS from your SAQ.
JCIM
Rep:
?
Note, you should write your PS for the benefit of your other course/university choices. Cambridge gets the additional PS from your SAQ.
I have to write another PS for Cambridge?
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JCIM)
I have to write another PS for Cambridge??
You don't have to, but unless you are applying for exactly the same course at your other universities it's usual to provide one. The SAQ has an (optional) section for it. It's shorter than the standard PS, 1200 characters.

https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/applying/saq
JCIM
Rep:
?
Same. Maybe we can share ideas? Are you applying for the IR/Politics or the Sociology or the Anthropology track? What is your PS going to be based on?
Hey.

I am going for the IR+Politics track. My PS is based around the impact of globalisation on the study of IR and Politics (as well as Sociology) and why it makes the subject interesting and important to study.

What about you? What is your PS on?
JCIM
Rep:
?
You don't have to, but unless you are applying for exactly the same course at your other universities it's usual to provide one. The SAQ has an (optional) section for it. It's shorter than the standard PS, 1200 characters.

https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/applying/saq
Thanks a lot. The SAQ is something I have not heard about. Strangely never heard about it at the open day. Will have to research this more.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JCIM)
Thanks a lot. The SAQ is something I have not heard about. Strangely never heard about it at the open day. Will have to research this more.
All Cambridge applicants complete it. The info you need is on that page, and Cambridge send you the actual form once you have applied.
richardsmith
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JCIM)
Hey.

I am going for the IR+Politics track. My PS is based around the impact of globalisation on the study of IR and Politics (as well as Sociology) and why it makes the subject interesting and important to study.

What about you? What is your PS on?
Wow.. I wouldn’t say that it is exactly the same but mine also is for Politics + IR and based around that, plus immigration etc..
JCIM
Rep:
?
Wow.. I wouldn’t say that it is exactly the same but mine also is for Politics + IR and based around that, plus immigration etc..
:beard::hmmmm2: strange... Sounds like our PS' are similar. Hope they don't think we collaborated :bigsmile:
richardsmith
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I doubt they would.. anyway we will have different super curriculars, read different books and have different backgrounds (I suppose). But this actually got me thinking that my PS will be viewed as average as I imagine many others are going to talk about globalization etc...
JCIM
Rep:
?
I doubt they would.. anyway we will have different super curriculars, read different books and have different backgrounds (I suppose). But this actually got me thinking that my PS will be viewed as average as I imagine many others are going to talk about globalization etc...
I guess so, it probably is a popular topic. Either that or we are just 2 great imaginative thinkers and Cambridge will decide to give us both offers. I hope so :rolleyes:.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
7.31%
They might tell the bully (26)
10%
I don't think they'd understand (42)
16.15%
It might lead to more bullying (94)
36.15%
There's nothing they could do (79)
30.38%

Watched Threads