The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have got 9A* and 2A in GCSE and A*AA predicted in A level.
In BMAT (September 2018) scored 5.4, 5.4 and 3A. I am seriously looking to apply for ICL. I have done sufficient work experience and volunteering. What chances I stand for......???
(edited 5 years ago)
Hey,

Home/international: home
Deferred?: No
GCSEs: 7A*'s, 3A's
A level predictions: A*A*A*
BMAT: haven't done it yet
Work experience/volunteering: fair amount
Extracurricular: I have a part time job + part of student council
Original post by Sella
In BMAT (September 2018) scored 5.4, 5.4 and 3A.
Have sufficient work experiences in hospitals and care home.
Competed Grade 6 in Piano and attended DoE (Bronze) and NCS.
I am seriously looking to apply for ICL. I have done sufficient work experience and volunteering. What chances I stand for......???

Personally, I think your record is great and that you stand a chance. You clearly have the grades.
Reply 4
Hey, I'm considering Imperial!
Home/International: Home
Deferred: No
GCSE: 7A* 5A
A level predictions: A*AA
BMAT: n/a
Work experience: enough
Volunteering/Extra: piano grade 8, dancing, St John ambulance, mentoring and working with disabled children for the most part.
Damn, y'all did so much extracurricular, I'm lacking😂
Would really appreciate a quick reply as I need one to choose soon.Home/International: HomeDeferred: NoGCSE: 5A* 4 1BAA level predictions: A*A*A in bio,maths,physics and A is ASPhysicsBMAT: n/aWork experience: about two weeks but I reflected well I thinkVolunteering/Extra: piano grade 3, writing, LAMDA grade 6, 1 year care home, four months primary school, physics mentoring every week, running my schools science club.Would I get an interview if I do well on the BMAT and then an offer if I perform at interview or would anything hold me back from doing so?Thanks.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Rajeshwari
Would really appreciate a quick reply as I need one to choose soon.Home/International: HomeDeferred: NoGCSE: 5A* 4 1BAA level predictions: A*A*A in bio,maths,physics and A is ASPhysicsBMAT: n/aWork experience: about two weeks but I reflected well I thinkVolunteering/Extra: piano grade 3, writing, LAMDA grade 6, 1 year care home, four months primary school, physics mentoring every week, running my schools science club.Would I get an interview if I do well on the BMAT and then an offer if I perform at interview or would anything hold me back from doing so?Thanks.

If im not mistaken, you MUST have chem+bio in A levels
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Sella
In BMAT (September 2018) scored 5.4, 5.4 and 3A.
Have sufficient work experiences in hospitals and care home.
Competed Grade 6 in Piano and attended DoE (Bronze) and NCS.
I am seriously looking to apply for ICL. I have done sufficient work experience and volunteering. What chances I stand for......???

You have a slight above average bmat score with really good academics. There’s a fair chance to get in but make sure your personal statement is on point and if you get an interview, do well in your interview! They are really keen to ask you about the bmat and do roleplays during the interview.
Original post by jerrymouse123

Typo sorry my predictions are A*A*AA in Biology, Maths, Chemistry and AS physics respectively.
Reply 10

Are you planning for ICL? Whats your stats?
Reply 11
Original post by MedCrashCourse
You have a slight above average bmat score with really good academics. There’s a fair chance to get in but make sure your personal statement is on point and if you get an interview, do well in your interview! They are really keen to ask you about the bmat and do roleplays during the interview.

GCSE's are not considered by Imperial by the way, as long as you have a 6 in Maths + English they don't care.
Reply 13
Original post by Sella

yes

Home/International: International
GCSE: N/A
A level predictions: N/A (equivalent to A*A*A Chem/Phy/Bio)
BMAT: N/A
Work experience: not doing any paid work.
Volunteering/Extra: plenty
Original post by Sella

I got an offer there already. I’m now a 3rd year medical student haha
Reply 16
Original post by MedCrashCourse
I got an offer there already. I’m now a 3rd year medical student haha

Thanks a lot for your contribution. Please continue to support by guiding us.
Reply 17
yes

Home/International: International
GCSE: N/A
A level predictions: N/A (equivalent to A*A*A Chem/Phy/Bio)
BMAT: N/A
Work experience: not doing any paid work.
Volunteering/Extra: plenty

Good luck
Reply 18
Imperial is purely based on BMAT score I think....

Original post by Rajeshwari
Original post by Sella
Imperial is purely based on BMAT score I think....

Thanks!

Latest