Imperial College London - Medicine A100 - 2019 entry Watch

achiu
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone else applied to Imperial Biomedical Engineering for 5th choice? They’ve just invited me to interview, I’m not sure what they are going to ask as my ps is completely medicine-orientated
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Maz123445
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jerrymouse123)
What do you think of the earlier BMAT papers, ie.2003-2008, 2009-2014, 2015-2017
the scaling is better for old papers like a 15 in an old paper would get you mid 5s to low 6s now it doesn't
jerrymouse123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does that mean you think the old ones are harder? Or the level of students is dropping?

(Original post by Maz123445)
the scaling is better for old papers like a 15 in an old paper would get you mid 5s to low 6s now it doesn't
usycool1
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Maz123445)
Alright thanks a lot, any last advice before the BMAT next week, I got 4.4 and 5.1 on the 2017 paper
Nothing specific, but just make sure you stay calm throughout the test even if you think it's not going too well. It's unlikely you'll end up thinking it's going well either but that's completely normal - don't let it put you off or make you give up.
mirandapec
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I just found this thread! I've applied too
These are my stats:
Home/international: home
Deferred?: No
GCSEs: 9A*s, 2As
A level predictions: A*A*A*A*
BMAT: just did it, but I honestly think I failed it, I'm praying it's higher than the cut-off
Work experience/volunteering: GP for 1 week, radiologist for 1 week, orthopaedics for 1 week, volunteering in a care home and primary school for 3 months
Extracurricular: I've had a part time job for 4 years, tennis team, cross country team, school choir
jerrymouse123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wow, your stats are very high. You just have the BMAT and PS left. Being a home applicant, the cut-off for BMAT is slightly lower so you'll have no problem reaching it.

(Original post by mirandapec)
Hi, I just found this thread! I've applied too
These are my stats:
Home/international: home
Deferred?: No
GCSEs: 9A*s, 2As
A level predictions: A*A*A*A*
BMAT: just did it, but I honestly think I failed it, I'm praying it's higher than the cut-off
Work experience/volunteering: GP for 1 week, radiologist for 1 week, orthopaedics for 1 week, volunteering in a care home and primary school for 3 months
Extracurricular: I've had a part time job for 4 years, tennis team, cross country team, school choir
frustratedTeen
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi!! I recently applied to ICL, yet i think i have a weak ap.. these are my stats:

Home/International: International
Home Deferred?: No
IGCSE: really low 3A*s, 2As, 3Bs and 1C (my school only offered me 8 IGCSEs and I took an extra spanish one)
IB Prediction: 40 points (677 in HLs with 7s in Bio and Psychology and a 6 in Chem)
BMAT : just took it, not really optimistic about, hoping for anything higher than ICLs cut-off
Work Experience/Volunteering: shadowing at a psychiatry ward in Cuba every time i had a vacation for a year, weekly visits to a childrens home for a year, working at a little homemade juice stand for CAS, 2 weeks in London going to palliative care centers, cancer research labs, neurology departments..also over a month of volunteering at a local church
Extra Curricular: Art (painting and drawing), Kick boxing, Muai Thai, MMA, Student Council, MUN
SilverLipa
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m confused, it says on the imperial College website that there are no GCSE requirements for Medicine.
slynch6020
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I almost feel like I should un-watch this thread already! Bye bye imperial, hello redoing the BMAT next year
jerrymouse123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you're right, don't think Imperial focuses on GCSE.
(Original post by SilverLipa)
I’m confused, it says on the imperial College website that there are no GCSE requirements for Medicine.
sarah_al21
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by slynch6020)
I almost feel like I should un-watch this thread already! Bye bye imperial, hello redoing the BMAT next year
So relatable lol, that’s literally how I feel. I think I actually wasted an option tbh
slynch6020
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sarah_al21)
So relatable lol, that’s literally how I feel. I think I actually wasted an option tbh
think I wasted 2 lol-applied to Cambridge aswell. So annoying cause I'm pretty sure the rest of my application is really good but with a carp BMAT there's not much you can do ...
MedMom
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I hope I am not breaking any rules by posting here. My son is in Year 10 and showing interest in Med school. What should he be doing if he wants to get in Imperial? Obvious answer is to get 7 - 9 in GCSEs .
He doesn't do much extra curricular activities except Violin lesson ( Grade 4). I presume he'll have to do volunteering in future.
Maz123445
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MedMom)
I hope I am not breaking any rules by posting here. My son is in Year 10 and showing interest in Med school. What should he be doing if he wants to get in Imperial? Obvious answer is to get 7 - 9 in GCSEs .
He doesn't do much extra curricular activities except Violin lesson ( Grade 4). I presume he'll have to do volunteering in future.
GCSEs won’t matter except for a 6 in English don’t overwork him yet, a good a-level prediction and a decent bmat score should be enough, once he’s in year 11,12 let him volunteer and shadow some doctors for experience so his personal statement can be decent. If you start overworking him now he’ll burn out by the time the bmat comes up the most important part of your application
sarah_al21
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by slynch6020)
think I wasted 2 lol-applied to Cambridge aswell. So annoying cause I'm pretty sure the rest of my application is really good but with a carp BMAT there's not much you can do ...
That's literally it, I honestly feel like i had good GCSE's (not that they actually care about them), a decent personal statement and reference and from mock interviews, i think i could be quite articulate. But these entry exams have kinda just ruined everything, so i'll just get pre-interview rejections. it's annoying, but I've somehow convinced myself that i'll do well in the BMAT next year when I'm practically forced to reapply
_aries
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sarah_al21)
That's literally it, I honestly feel like i had good GCSE's (not that they actually care about them), a decent personal statement and reference and from mock interviews, i think i could be quite articulate. But these entry exams have kinda just ruined everything, so i'll just get pre-interview rejections. it's annoying, but I've somehow convinced myself that i'll do well in the BMAT next year when I'm practically forced to reapply
Similar feeling Everything seems to be going fine except the BMAT itself, and the scary thing is, I really don't know what to expect. With section 2 you can slightly gage, but section 1 just leaves you in the dark. The wait is suffocating honestly!
mirandapec
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jerrymouse123)
Wow, your stats are very high. You just have the BMAT and PS left. Being a home applicant, the cut-off for BMAT is slightly lower so you'll have no problem reaching it.
Thanks!!
aliciameyers12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
did you guys also get the considering your application email ?? does that mean our bmat is above the cut off
cxndy18
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by aliciameyers12)
did you guys also get the considering your application email ?? does that mean our bmat is above the cut off
i did! i hope so lol
usycool1
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
The acknowledgment email means practically nothing, I’m afraid. It’s a generic email sent to people.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (113)
26.28%
No (317)
73.72%

Watched Threads