The Student Room Group

Should I do physics?

Hey so basically I'm in year 12 and I'm really interested in physics, however I don't know if i should study it for a number of reasons.

1) I don't think I'm smart enough for it. I got a 9 at gcse but the grafe boundaries were really low so I don't think that 9 really says anything. I have read some higher level books but sometimes I don't get it and sometimes I do. I haven't done A level yet so maybe I don't have enough prior knowledge but idk i feel like I'm really dumb and that people who do physics are really smart.

2) I don't know what careers it leads to. Other degrees such as engineering lead to definite roles but I don't know whether physics is the same.

3) I don't think I'd get in anywhere. This links to the 1st point really, I wouldn't do well in interview because I don't think I'm very smart at all. I also don't know that much about physics, I'm starting to read more books about it but I think I've kind of started too late.

So yeah any advice would be appreciated, to give some context, here are some other degrees I've considered : Engineering (not sure what type but perhaps electronic), computer science or biomedical science (a bit of a wild card compared to the others).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending