Will My Breasts Ever Grow? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I'm currently 16, and I'm almost completely flat-chested (not even an A cup).
I got my first period when I was (only just) thirteen, and I remember that, at the time, I had no breast tissue but the areolae had developed somewhat.
None of the other women in my family (maternal and paternal) have small boobs. The only one who has relatively small breasts is my cousin who's 20 and a B cup and her dad's side are small so that makes sense (our mothers are twin sisters so I'm not related to her father).
My mum is average weight with D cup breasts, and she was a C cup before she had me. Her sister has DD breasts and their mother is a C/D cup. My father had no sisters but his mother was busty (a D at least).
It's important to note that I'm quite short (5'4" - one of the shortest in my year) and I was born 3 months early, which I know can cause people to develop later than average, but my period came at a normal age.
My mum says that she was "probably the same when I was your age" but I just feel like my breasts will never grow.
I've never met a fully grown woman with breasts as small as mine so that gives me hope that they will grow, but I've also never met a 16 year old with breasts as small as mine.
I'm a size 6 so I'm slim but not underweight or anything like that, I don't have a poor diet, and I make sure I exercise regularly.
Today I read that most girls breasts stop growing around 17 years of age and it made me want to cry, I can't spend the rest of my life like this.
I don't understand how I can come from such a busty family and be so flat.
Do you think they'll ever grow?
Serious answers only, please.
Thank you 😊
Anonymous #2
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm currently 16, and I'm almost completely flat-chested (not even an A cup).
I got my first period when I was (only just) thirteen, and I remember that, at the time, I had no breast tissue but the areolae had developed somewhat.
None of the other women in my family (maternal and paternal) have small boobs. The only one who has relatively small breasts is my cousin who's 20 and a B cup and her dad's side are small so that makes sense (our mothers are twin sisters so I'm not related to her father).
My mum is average weight with D cup breasts, and she was a C cup before she had me. Her sister has DD breasts and their mother is a C/D cup. My father had no sisters but his mother was busty (a D at least).
It's important to note that I'm quite short (5'4" - one of the shortest in my year) and I was born 3 months early, which I know can cause people to develop later than average, but my period came at a normal age.
My mum says that she was "probably the same when I was your age" but I just feel like my breasts will never grow.
I've never met a fully grown woman with breasts as small as mine so that gives me hope that they will grow, but I've also never met a 16 year old with breasts as small as mine.
I'm a size 6 so I'm slim but not underweight or anything like that, I don't have a poor diet, and I make sure I exercise regularly.
Today I read that most girls breasts stop growing around 17 years of age and it made me want to cry, I can't spend the rest of my life like this.
I don't understand how I can come from such a busty family and be so flat.
Do you think they'll ever grow?
Serious answers only, please.
Thank you 😊
I'm seventeen, and my breasts are small too. My period came when I was fourteen. To make matters worse, my younger sister just got her period and she's eleven and our boobs are already the same size, hers might even be bigger. So yeah. That's my situation.

I don't think your boobs are gonna grow, tbh. So I'd just try live with the situation. I wear normal bras, which are a little padded, and then I'm happy with that,but when I wear swimsuits or something my chest is basically flat. And I just gotta live with that. I just try to tell myself that boobs isn't the most important feature of my body, and try to ask myself why it matters so much to have big boobs, which is not always aesthetically superior - that depends on the person. I obviously have insecurities too, but I'm trying to overcome it. It also helps to know I'm not the only one struggling through this problem, and so yeah. I hope my story is a kind of consolidation and you know you're not alone.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Is your mum also slim ? If so I would take a guess that your still have time to develop further - I doubt breasts stop growing at 17. At that age you are still developing from a teenager into a young lady. If you do a lot of sports they will take longer to develop as being sporty keeps your body fat % down and breast tissue is mainly fat. As you get older it will be more difficult to keep your body fat % down and that's likely when your breasts will develop further.
Robbi609
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
And be aware that love comes is all shapes and sizes, many men including me will absoluteness adore small or flat. IF you don't find a man that appreciates it, move on . You will look a million times better in 99% of clothes ever designed and will never have back and neck issues or huge saggy flaps like big boobed women once they get a bit older!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (229)
72.24%
Jeremy Hunt (88)
27.76%

Watched Threads