About Biomedical. Watch

username4268804
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Currently, I am in my O levels which you can say GCSE. And I am focusing more on Biology , Chemistry , Physics -least in Maths. Because, I am not at all good in Maths. And then in A levels, I want to have Biology , Chemistry and a third subject from psychology group? Is that fine if applying in the UK for biomedical course? My A levels choices ? and the way i'm working in GCSE?
tangoboy456
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Firstly check your schools sixth form prospectus on entry requirements for your A level subjects. I’d advise you not to entirely leave out maths for your GCSEs. In my school you needed a 7 in maths to do chemistry.

Also, as for your a level choices they are fine but I again strongly recommend that you pay some attentions to maths because if you don’t do it for A levels then some unis do want at least a grade B (or 7) in maths
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ComicalUsername
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi, I'm currently applying for Biomed.

You will need a B (7?) in Maths and B/C (7-4/5?)in both English Lit. and Lang., but this depends on the uni, and you then generally need B's in the subjects you want to take in sixth form but I would advise that you check with the sixth form entry requirements. As for A-level choices, taking both Biology and Chemistry would put you at a significant advantage in terms of choice as many them require Biology and a hard science or Chemistry and a hard science in some cases. For purposes of admission Psychology can also be considered as a science. I hope this helps to answer your question :cute:
username4268804
Rep:
?
Yeah Thanks do you know if in A levels, you need to have Maths or not if you want to go BioMedical? And the university of manchester maybe
username4268804
Rep:
?
Thanks for the answer but why do i need to check a level requirements becuase they will allow me to have the subjects biology , chemistry but what i don't know is the 3rd subject which to have? i don't want maths to be the 3rd subject that what :' any idea or subject option other than mahts you cna go for
ComicalUsername
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by aminazz)
Yeah Thanks do you know if in A levels, you need to have Maths or not if you want to go BioMedical? And the university of manchester maybe
Unless you are applying for Imperial, you don't need Maths. I'm currently applying for biomed only Biology, Psychology and Sociology and I meet the requirements for most unis just fine, I am also applying to Manchester.

(Manchester Entry Requirements: AAB with only Biology but ABB with Biology and a hard science from Chemistry, Maths or Physics)
Last edited by ComicalUsername; 5 months ago
ComicalUsername
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by aminazz)
Thanks for the answer but why do i need to check a level requirements becuase they will allow me to have the subjects biology , chemistry but what i don't know is the 3rd subject which to have? i don't want maths to be the 3rd subject that what :' any idea or subject option other than mahts you cna go for
I was referring to the sixth form entry requirements for the A - level subject. In terms of Uni applications, as a third subject, take anything you like.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (129)
17.97%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.17%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.13%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (104)
14.48%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.75%
How can I be the best version of myself? (219)
30.5%

Watched Threads