AQA A Level Psychology help!!!! Watch

A level RPP
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
For 16 marks discuss questions do you have to use AO3 evaluation points???? The question is: Discuss the contribution of the biological approach to our understanding of human behaviour. What should I include....I have only included limitation ao3 evaluation points....do I have to do strengths????
caitlinamae
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi, I just got A* in aqa a level psychology and I did well in my 16 markers. You should always include at least 3 A03 evaluation points and if you are only going to do 3, they need to be PEELed. If you are uncommon with this method, each Ao3 point should be a paragraph each and PEEL stands for point, evidence, explain and then link back to the question. I always started my evaluation points as “A weakness/strength of.....is....... this is because....insert evidence and explain. This is therefore a limitation/strength as it ......(link back to question and explain why this point is relevant”. If you are going to do more than 3, they don’t need to be as in depth. But remember there is 10 marks available just for evaluation. So this needs to be the biggest part of the essay. I haven’t looked over the material since I did my exam but Examples of points I can remember is the fact about biological reductionism/determinism, the influence of cognition of human behaviour or environmental influence etc
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
A level RPP
Rep:
?
(Original post by caitlinamae)
Hi, I just got A* in aqa a level psychology and I did well in my 16 markers. You should always include at least 3 A03 evaluation points and if you are only going to do 3, they need to be PEELed. If you are uncommon with this method, each Ao3 point should be a paragraph each and PEEL stands for point, evidence, explain and then link back to the question. I always started my evaluation points as “A weakness/strength of.....is....... this is because....insert evidence and explain. This is therefore a limitation/strength as it ......(link back to question and explain why this point is relevant”. If you are going to do more than 3, they don’t need to be as in depth. But remember there is 10 marks available just for evaluation. So this needs to be the biggest part of the essay. I haven’t looked over the material since I did my exam but Examples of points I can remember is the fact about biological reductionism/determinism, the influence of cognition of human behaviour or environmental influence etc
Ok Thank you....do u recommend any text books, websites or revision methods because I want an A* too and an A* in RS and an A in politics
caitlinamae
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I used the textbook I was given in class, but I made my one flash cards to condense all the information and memorised these. Also wrote out atleast 3 full evaluation points for each topic. Time consuming but worth it. It got me my A*. Closer to the exam, practise as many questions as possible so in your mind you have exemplar answers for whatever quesrion comes up
A level RPP
Rep:
?
I used the textbook I was given in class, but I made my one flash cards to condense all the information and memorised these. Also wrote out atleast 3 full evaluation points for each topic. Time consuming but worth it. It got me my A*. Closer to the exam, practise as many questions as possible so in your mind you have exemplar answers for whatever quesrion comes up
Ok thanks and....how do u condense information down to a small flash card...how do u choose what to put down...and my handwriting is big
caitlinamae
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I used the app quizlet as I never got on with written flash cards for the same reason, I have big hand writing. Just write down to key points and get rid of all the waffle in the textbook. Try use words that will jog your memory
A level RPP
Rep:
?
I used the app quizlet as I never got on with written flash cards for the same reason, I have big hand writing. Just write down to key points and get rid of all the waffle in the textbook. Try use words that will jog your memory
Ok...i am going to buy flash cards tomorrow...thanks!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (128)
17.9%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.21%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.2%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (103)
14.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.79%
How can I be the best version of myself? (218)
30.49%

Watched Threads