username4235830
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I really want to do dentistry but i feel like i cant get in because of my grades for gcse i got :
And im doing a level history biology and chemistry
worldisright
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Your grades for gcse doesn't actually matter. It's more about your a level results so work hard on your a level subjects. You should be fine. I'm doing a levels too and considering dentistry.
astroworld
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I know someone with 1A* some As and some Bs and is really passionate about studying Dentistry. Just do some work exp, volunteering and read some dental books and then write an outstanding personal statement outlining why you want to do Dentistry. And get a high UKCAT also!! Maybe apply to unis where they don't look at GCSEs that much?
tangoboy456
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don’t think Dentistry really cares about GCSEs ( please correct me if I’m wrong). I think they focus more on UKCAT, interview, ps etc. Why not do dentistry as your ‘aspirational’ choice and an extended dental course at Kings for your ‘safe’. I know for sure the extended course doesn’t care about GCSES and entry requirements range from (BBB-AAA, I think)
worldisright
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tangoboy456)
I don’t think Dentistry really cares about GCSEs ( please correct me if I’m wrong). I think they focus more on UKCAT, interview, ps etc. Why not do dentistry as your ‘aspirational’ choice and an extended dental course at Kings for your ‘safe’. I know for sure the extended course doesn’t care about GCSES and entry requirements range from (BBB-AAA, I think)
Does all unis require UKCAT??
Federerr
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Good UKCAT, 3As prediction minimum and a good interview and your almost guaranteed an offer.
tangoboy456
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
@worldisright For medical and dental school yes.. You need to sit the UKCAT the year before applying (e.g if your starting uni in Sept 2019 then you need to sit the UKCAT now). FYI if you are applying for Sept 2019. The deadline is mid- October I believe
worldisright
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tangoboy456)
@worldisright For medical and dental school yes.. You need to sit the UKCAT the year before applying (e.g if your starting uni in Sept 2019 then you need to sit the UKCAT now). FYI if you are applying for Sept 2019. The deadline is mid- October I believe
oh okay. I just started a levels and am planning to take a gap year so i guess i have time.
student140536
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Baddbee)
I really want to do dentistry but i feel like i cant get in because of my grades for gcse i got :
And im doing a level history biology and chemistry
depends on what subjects you got the grade 5, is its not maths or English language you should be fine. Some unis do however want a grade 7 or above in maths and English language (Birmingham and Cardiff)
You can check the GCSE requirements on the unis websites

For example Birmingham:
GCSE A*/8 in Biology and Chemistry and A/7 in Mathematics and English Language or Literature. You must also sit the UKCAT.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (31)
25.2%
No (92)
74.8%

Watched Threads