username4094562
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Minhazul Almim)
so i need some help on my creative writing as im falling back in my class
can u please attach a word doc of creative writing on witches thnx
I am not going to do your homework for you as that is cheating and you won’t learn anything. I can give you tips instead.

1. Establish your character. Using Who, What, When, Where, Why and How will help you try to construct a interesting character.

2. Create the setting. If you are writing a story about witches, is your setting going to be in a completely fantasy world, e.g like Middle Earth from LOTR. Or is it going to be a more urban fantasy ? For example, a lot of Harry Potter’s setting takes place in London.

3. Devise a plot. Something has to be happening in your creative writing piece for it to be remotely interesting. Most fiction books have a beginning where the setting and characters are introduced, a middle where there is a dilemma that the main character has to resolve, and an end where everything is solved. Endings do not necessarily have to be happy. They can be sad but they do have to conclude the story in some way.

4. Proof read. Read sentences out loud to yourself to see if they make sense. Always check your grammar and any spelling mistakes. Word processors like Microsoft normally automatically highlight any words you may have misspelled.
username3618374
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Make sure to come up with a plan but don't be afraid to stray away from it if you find another plot you want to follow as you are writing it.

Don't make it a stereotypical "fairytale" about witches, do something different and out of the box.

For example it could be first person as in the witch is writing the story or a journal/diary that the witch has written. Or write about a person researching witches, first person from point of view of the researcher which could then tell the story of other people who they are watching.

I hope that makes sense and I doubt anyone is going to write a whole story for you. You can still get done for plagiarism if they post it anywhere. Maybe try not to fall behind in class next time
Tolgarda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You mention that '[you're] falling back in...class.' However, you also ask for an attachment of 'a word doc of creative writing on witches.'

Your attitude might be the reason you're falling back.

I got full marks on creative writing in the exams, and I recommend listening to the advice above for this task, but my advice is to change your attitude. It'll probably help you beyond this homework.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.39%
No (241)
33.61%

Watched Threads