The Student Room Group

A levels VS GCSEs

How much harder is it? Im about to go into my 4th week of year 12 and so far all ive noticed is that u get a lot more homework now than before. But im wondering what people got in their GCSEs and then what they got in their AS and A levels.
And how much work ppl did. Also to all the ppl who did the 9-1 math, do u think it helped with AS Math?
I personally got 7A* and 2As (All the A*s were 8s), and now i do Phys, Chem, Math and Eco in y12
It helped slightly in the first 2 months of AS, but once you hit differentiation and integration it all sorta goes out of the window 🤷*♂️
Reply 2
Original post by Thomas_Grimes_17
It helped slightly in the first 2 months of AS, but once you hit differentiation and integration it all sorta goes out of the window 🤷*♂️

Thank god i learned those in further maths xD Are u still doing math now in y13??
Original post by Switch01
Thank god i learned those in further maths xD Are u still doing math now in y13??

Yeah, I got a 9 in GCSE, predicted an A* for end of year 13. The topics which I personally thought required the most attention were hypothesis testing and stats. They’re the sort of things that you don’t understand at all and then one day it just all makes sense :/

Quick Reply

Latest