Chloexx47
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I’ve been advised to get a term time rail pass for commuting to and from the university. I’ve been told to fill in a form and get it stamped by the Uni to confirm that I am in full-time education (I think a photo has to be signed and stamped too). Does anyone know where about in the uni would I get this done, please?

Also, what's happening with the enrolling bit? I still have no courses on Blackboard and have been told that it's a register/enrolling problem. I'm just worried that I won't be able to do much course wise as I have no courses and I'm starting my proper timetable on Monday 24th.
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
Edge Hill University
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Chloe,

The form you'll need can be found at train stations on the Merseyrail line (Liverpool Central typically has a few in their ticket office), as well as some Travel Centres. You can also go here and print off the back page. When you have your form filled in and your passport photo on hand, take these to the Catalyst Helpdesk. When they've stamped it, you can purchase your term time rail pass from a train station or travel centre.

Have you heard anything else about enrolment/registration? If not, I'd contact Academic Registry as soon as you can. You can either email [email protected] or call 01695 657068.

Alex
username4256810
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Chloexx47)
Hi,

I’ve been advised to get a term time rail pass for commuting to and from the university. I’ve been told to fill in a form and get it stamped by the Uni to confirm that I am in full-time education (I think a photo has to be signed and stamped too). Does anyone know where about in the uni would I get this done, please?

Also, what's happening with the enrolling bit? I still have no courses on Blackboard and have been told that it's a register/enrolling problem. I'm just worried that I won't be able to do much course wise as I have no courses and I'm starting my proper timetable on Monday 24th.
Don't worry about Moodle it will update once you arrive. It can have problems at the start of semester - completely normal. Don't worry, you will have a lot to do course wise, it will be made available after your first day, or once the problem is corrected which shouldn't take long. Other students will have the same problem.

Don't buy a term ticket. Buy a monthly one instead, they are priced the same, but it is much better because if you have lecture cancellations, or fall ill you are not paying for these free periods. Of course, entirely personal choice, I find it better to buy monthly ones and just before christmas if I am not in for the full month I buy two weekly ones. That way it works out a little better.

Concerning your form take it to student services at your university, they are the ones that stamp forms.. I cant remember what I did, its been a while ago.. I think I just showed them my student ID. Perhaps, I did get a form stamped.
Chloexx47
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

Registration has been sorted this morning. I contacted the Tech Hub admin and they rushed it through.

Thank you for the help on rail passes and where to go for it. I’ll have a think about it first.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 9 Nov '19
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads