ZedJacques
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
It's been a quiet worry of mine as to what subject I should spearhead into uni and subsequently my future careers, but my indecision is troubling. I'm doing Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Computing, and Further Maths at AS level.

Sadly, I'm stuck between wanting to or at least seeing the prospect of, doing Medicine, Maths, or Computer Science (maybe with a sprinkle of maths but hey ho) at Uni.

I've heard that you need a lot of work experience and knowledge of "soft skills" to get into the competitive Medicine course, but I've also heard that Maths breeds a boring and sedentary lifestyle in a future "career" - if one could even call it that from this rumor. Computer Science is also an option but I don't see how I could get relevant work experience from that; since computing is mostly about fixing other people's problems, which I assume you'd need the same skills in Medicine for.

I'm at a crossroads that I can't bear to traverse through - please help!
blackvoid17
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
All 3 of those degrees are highly respected so dont worry too much about what career options you will have. The only course that needs work experience is medicine - you dont need it for the other two. Out of all of them, I'd say medicine is the most intense due to it being a 6 year course. Go with what you're most interested in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
14.19%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.41%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.73%
I need help with my personal statement (63)
42.57%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
24.32%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.03%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
6.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed