?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
How should I revise for my English lit exam in may? Please help
george2201
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
I’m on AQA and I’m studying An Inspector Calls, a Christmas carol , Macbeth and power and conflict poems
K Adams
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm studying the same as you!
Really you need to focus on reading and understanding the texts, making sure you know exactly what happens at the key points and the different characters. You need to be selecting quotes to learn - choose snappy, meaty quotes that you can say a lot about and are easy to remember. Categorise these by the themes and characters, maybe using revision flash cards. Check you know the context of each text - and how it relates to the writer's views and why they wrote the text (e.g. Priestley showing the social class divide and how this damages society). Practice exam questions to practice your paragraph structure. For poetry, make comparison charts to compare the different poems and consider which is best to compare with which. Also try to find some other poems to analyse to help practice for the unseen poetry part.
Good luck and let me know if you need any help!!
george2201
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
(Original post by K Adams)
I'm studying the same as you!
Really you need to focus on reading and understanding the texts, making sure you know exactly what happens at the key points and the different characters. You need to be selecting quotes to learn - choose snappy, meaty quotes that you can say a lot about and are easy to remember. Categorise these by the themes and characters, maybe using revision flash cards. Check you know the context of each text - and how it relates to the writer's views and why they wrote the text (e.g. Priestley showing the social class divide and how this damages society). Practice exam questions to practice your paragraph structure. For poetry, make comparison charts to compare the different poems and consider which is best to compare with which. Also try to find some other poems to analyse to help practice for the unseen poetry part.
Good luck and let me know if you need any help!!
Thank you!!!!
Nihilisticb*tch
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Use Mr Bruff on YouTube because honestly his videos are sooo helpful and literally got me through my gcse English lit

In terms of revision id just make sure you remember as many quotes as possible as you don't know what character or theme or poem they'll ask you about. You can know the texts inside out but if they ask you about a character or theme that you dont know a quote for then you're screwed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (46)
15.08%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (97)
31.8%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (38)
12.46%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (26)
8.52%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.57%
I think it's an unfair expectation (78)
25.57%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
0.98%

Watched Threads