Living Organisms Using Energy

Watch this thread
debbie394
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
'Cells carry out a variety of chemical reactions that are responsible for the breakdown of nutrients. Such reactions often releaase energy in a process called respiration'

What are the chemical reactions that breakdown nutrients?
Does this release chemical energy to drive respiration so to form ATP which can be used in respiration, which will be later broken down (for example in Glycosis, where phosphates are formed), releasing energy.
How can this energy be used later to synthesis components that make up individual cells.
Is the energy from the ATPs produced at the end of respiration in oxidative phosphorylation?

Is this was these two sentences mean?
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by esmeralda123)
'Cells carry out a variety of chemical reactions that are responsible for the breakdown of nutrients. Such reactions often releaase energy in a process called respiration'

What are the chemical reactions that breakdown nutrients?
Does this release chemical energy to drive respiration so to form ATP which can be used in respiration, which will be later broken down (for example in Glycosis, where phosphates are formed), releasing energy.
How can this energy be used later to synthesis components that make up individual cells.
Is the energy from the ATPs produced at the end of respiration in oxidative phosphorylation?

Is this was these two sentences mean?
This post doesn't make any sense. Can you please rewrite it, clearly setting out your question.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (16)
28.57%
Take a gap year (14)
25%
Resit my exams (9)
16.07%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (7)
12.5%
I don't know yet (7)
12.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads