Which jacket/coat is best for winter ?? Watch

Wooord
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
My only aim this year is too keep warm. The past two years I just layered up with hoodies and jumpers which now I look back and think how on earth my snakey family let me leave the house like that. These are the ones I have seen so far I will probably end up buying 2: Raining/ snowing. And the other for when it’s just incredibly cold and windy

https://www.thenorthface.co.uk/shop/...nId=3YM#hero=1

I like this one but can not justify spending that much

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/en-g...ckets&color=04

This one looks like it will only keep my top half warm. Plus there’s no hood

https://m.asos.com/brave-soul/brave-...talstyles=1131

Probably the most sensible one
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Blackpanther93
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I agree the first one seems over-priced. However, think about it like you are investing in it. It will last you a few years and doesn’t look like something that will go “out of fashion” in a few months, if you care about that
Wooord
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blackpanther93)
I agree the first one seems over-priced. However, think about it like you are investing in it. It will last you a few years and doesn’t look like something that will go “out of fashion” in a few months, if you care about that
Yeah you have a point, but I do still think £330 is way to much tbh but it’s definitely still a possibility

(Original post by halal_haribo)
Brave soul coats are reallllllly ‘cold wind proof’ I had mine for 4 years before I replaced it lol they are really good!

Tbh some of them seem quite ‘thin’ try getting something with goose feathers inside and any and for me any cost that doesn’t cover me until mid thigh in the winter literallyyyy kills meeeeee I get toooo cold

All in all : I’d recommend the last one
Thanks for this !! I know right ! That’s why I’m not too keen on the second one lol I just liked the look of it and will probably buy it while it’s not “that” cold. I was worried with the Brave Souls one that the fur would get ruined if it rains or snows though ? 🤷🏽*♀️
username4171924
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Wooord)
Yeah you have a point, but I do still think £330 is way to much tbh but it’s definitely still a possibility

Thanks for this !! I know right ! That’s why I’m not too keen on the second one lol I just liked the look of it and will probably buy it while it’s not “that” cold. I was worried with the Brave Souls one that the fur would get ruined if it rains or snows though ? 🤷🏽*♀️
My brave soul one didn’t have any fur! But I wish it did it really helps keep the wind and rain out of yur face 😂😂

ive been looking for the same cost but I think they’ve stopped making it so yeah lol I’m still looking for a coat tooo but they’re all so short! My legs will freeeze in them 😂😂
Nihilisticb*tch
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I wouldn't recommend north face if you're only bothered about warmth because they're overpriced because they're fashionable. If you want warmth I would recommend something with down in it (assuming you're not vegetarian or anything). I have a jacket with down in it which I wore in the alps at temperatures lower than -10° and I was still warm.
Wooord
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nihilisticb*tch)
I wouldn't recommend north face if you're only bothered about warmth because they're overpriced because they're fashionable. If you want warmth I would recommend something with down in it (assuming you're not vegetarian or anything). I have a jacket with down in it which I wore in the alps at temperatures lower than -10° and I was still warm.
Your right, the price is honestly ridiculous but I was thinking it must be that expensive because it “works” lol. I was thinking about getting one with down but assume that it would get ruined if it rains or snows. Thank you for this
Nihilisticb*tch
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Wooord)
Your right, the price is honestly ridiculous but I was thinking it must be that expensive because it “works” lol. I was thinking about getting one with down but assume that it would get ruined if it rains or snows. Thank you for this
It probably works but you're paying a premium because of the brand. The jacket that I have is the jacket I used for skiing and I'm a beginner so I fell over and slid down the mountain a lot and it still hasnt been damaged. It is true that once down is wet it doesn't offer as much protection but if it's a good quality jacket it will be waterproof anyway so the down won't get wet.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Honestly it's always worth spending a decent amount of money on a good winter coat and shoes. You need something that will keep you warm, keep wind out, has a hood which actually stays up and will last for years.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (35)
14.29%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.57%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.41%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (36)
14.69%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (30)
12.24%
How can I be the best version of myself? (73)
29.8%

Watched Threads