The Student Room Group

Driving

Hello 🙂so random to do this and as you can see I'm new to this also😕.
Baso I'd like to know what everyone is like at driving.i have had like 30 lessons now...is that over the average pass rate?I really struggle with it and find it so difficult...but all my friends and the people I know have passed or feel really confident about driving...whereas I get Hella panicky before I even step in to instructors car....is anyone else the same?😂
Thanks 😁

Scroll to see replies

I've had about the same number of lessons now. My driving is generally good, but according to my instructor I zone out too much and make small mistakes which I otherwise wouldn't make if I was paying more attention - According to him I could pass but the build-up of the small mistakes could fail me.
Reply 2
Original post by 55th_inline
I've had about the same number of lessons now. My driving is generally good, but according to my instructor I zone out too much and make small mistakes which I otherwise wouldn't make if I was paying more attention - According to him I could pass but the build-up of the small mistakes could fail me.

Yeah he just says I lack too much confidence... but I get told this by a lot of people😣I mean I have been given a car for my bday and I'm super excited to drive it ...but I can't drive!and all my mates take to Mick and like I just laugh it off...u know what I mean?
Sorry 😅
Don't worry just do a bit of yoga before you step into the car😂
Reply 4
Original post by London090
Don't worry just do a bit of yoga before you step into the car😂

I have actually done yoga and Zumba😂😂😂🤗
Original post by Happybeans
I have actually done yoga and Zumba😂😂😂🤗

haha😂😂 I love yoga, but Zumba makes me laugh because there used to be this super old DT teacher at my school who did extra curricular for Zumba and it was so funny😂😂😂
Reply 6
haha😂😂 I love yoga, but Zumba makes me laugh because there used to be this super old DT teacher at my school who did extra curricular for Zumba and it was so funny😂😂😂

😂😂Oh dear
I avoided all pe at school at all costs!!😂like I do with my driving lessons😂
😂😂Oh dear
I avoided all pe at school at all costs!!😂like I do with my driving lessons😂

😂 What are you doing with your new car at the moment?
I have done 20 hours of driving so far
covered all the topics
nerves just cause me to panic

advice for you :smile: try to keep calm, once you become anxious you are more likely to make mistakes while driving. Breathing exercises may help to calm you
Hello 🙂so random to do this and as you can see I'm new to this also😕.
Baso I'd like to know what everyone is like at driving.i have had like 30 lessons now...is that over the average pass rate?I really struggle with it and find it so difficult...but all my friends and the people I know have passed or feel really confident about driving...whereas I get Hella panicky before I even step in to instructors car....is anyone else the same?😂
Thanks 😁

Everyone is different, I did my test in around 30 lessons but I did overthink a lot but confidence comes in time the more you practice. I used to panic as soon as I moved off but it got better the more I was spending on the road.
Reply 10
😂 What are you doing with your new car at the moment?

Well😂I'm getting it insured in a couple of weeks...😅
Reply 11
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I have done 20 hours of driving so far
covered all the topics
nerves just cause me to panic

advice for you :smile: try to keep calm, once you become anxious you are more likely to make mistakes while driving. Breathing exercises may help to calm you

Thanks...ok do like yoga😂but I actually quite enjoy it 🤭I just feel like I'm terribly bad at it as all my mates are passing before me and it just made me feel worse and they would joke about and Id laugh but like...really It proper knocks me down..
Reply 12
Confidence comes with practice. Get your own car insured and get your parents to take you out at all opportunities. Good luck!
Thanks...ok do like yoga😂but I actually quite enjoy it 🤭I just feel like I'm terribly bad at it as all my mates are passing before me and it just made me feel worse and they would joke about and Id laugh but like...really It proper knocks me down..

😂 nice! dont compare yourself to your friends in driving! that will just add additional pressure on you and may make you panic :hugs: you can do it :smile:

It took me 4 attempts to pass my theory lol but no one bothers 🙄
Well😂I'm getting it insured in a couple of weeks...😅

That sounds like a good idea😅
Get as much private practice in your car as possible and you’ll definitely regain the confidence and improve a lot in your driving. Don’t compare yourself to your friends because it’ll just make you feel low and you don’t want that! Everyone learns differently. If you can’t help it, use it to motivate you to drive better and to pass with flying colours. Just know that eventually you’ll pass and get to drive your car all by yourself. Vision it and it’ll happen sooner or later :smile: I’ve been in your shoes so I can totally relate.
It depends more on the hours that you have done. I took my test this summer after 50 hours of intensive driving because i learnt in an unknown area and was quite a nervous driver. Its not a race to see who can pass their driving test first so apply for your driving test whe you feel ready and do not let anyone pressure you into it :smile:
same driving stresses me out but i wish i enjoyed it ugh
Don’t worry everyone learns differently, I was just like you. I probably had over 50 hours, I was so nervous and would have a panicky feeling before going. I started taking calms sweets they helped me a lot, but it just takes time and lots of practice.

I have now been driving for a few months and am a lot more confident.

Before you pass it feels so important, my best friend started learning after me and passed before me, she brought her new car to uni and at the time it felt so awful :frown: but as soon as you pass you realise it doesn’t matter how long it took or when you passed, nobody cares and you can drive now! It’s a great feeling
Reply 19
I passed with only 17 hours, due to my finances more so. But just pretend you know what you’re doing and you’ll feel like you know what you’re doing lol.

Quick Reply

Latest