How long does it take you to read a book?

Watch
Michiyo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Some people can sit down and finish a book in four hours and some take days, weeks or even months to finish a book. On average, how long does it take you to finish a book?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Michiyo)
Some people can sit down and finish a book in four hours and some take days, weeks or even months to finish a book. On average, how long does it take you to finish a book?
It depends. I go through phases of reading books. I can read a book in a few hours if I'm committed, other times a few days or for my current book it's taking me a few months because I keep forgetting about it.
Arctic Kitten
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Normally 2-3 days. Depend on homework, at most a week.
Gent2324
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Arctic Kitten)
Normally 2-3 days. Depend on homework, at most a week.
do u speed read or something? takes me like a month to finish a 200 page book lol
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Depends on the book.

I could read The Very Hungry Caterpillar in about a minute.
Whereas I've never finished some of my uni textbooks, and never intend to, so that's an infinite duration.
Arctic Kitten
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Gent2324)
do u speed read or something? takes me like a month to finish a 200 page book lol
I don't know, may be I'm just really committed. But I think I read quite fast.
Tootles
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Depends how into it I am. The quickest I've ever read a full-length novel was about two hours. Normally I read slower than that though, so it takes maybe two or three days.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It varies a lot. Sometimes I can finish multiple books in a day and other times it takes me weeks or even months to actually finish a book. I often have several on the go admittedly.
urbanwarfare
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It would take weeks or months for me, depending on how interesting the book was.
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
maybe like 5 hours? in the sun? with a couple of pints of water? and my sunglasses? in greece.....oh wait no in freaking england lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.63%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
14.86%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
18.07%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.06%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (66)
26.51%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.88%

Watched Threads