Turn on thread page Beta

I feel like I'm not good enough for my boyfriend anymore, he adores me and we get on great but we have both let ourselves go. He could sense I was down on the phone earlier, its cos I was looking at my flabby belly and back in the mirror whilst talking to him. I got content and ate junk to feed my hunger pangs and he made jokeful digs over time, I know he needs to tone up but I don't see why I should tell him as its seems rude. I have started exercising the last 3 days by cycling and doing sit ups but just want to feel good about myself again, I worry he looks at younger girls in public and online and thinks they are hotter than me and that I'm just someone who is loveable and not sexy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I feel like I'm not good enough for my boyfriend anymore, he adores me and we get on great but we have both let ourselves go. He could sense I was down on the phone earlier, its cos I was looking at my flabby belly and back in the mirror whilst talking to him. I got content and ate junk to feed my hunger pangs and he made jokeful digs over time, I know he needs to tone up but I don't see why I should tell him as its seems rude. I have started exercising the last 3 days by cycling and doing sit ups but just want to feel good about myself again, I worry he looks at younger girls in public and online and thinks they are hotter than me and that I'm just someone who is loveable and not sexy.

evidently these jokeful digs hurt, does he know that? have you told him that you feel insecure? i doubt just because he made those jokes that means he is looking at younger girls and im sure he prob sees you as both loveable and sexy.

let him know how you feel.

Told him bout my fitness regime a few minutes ago and he says 'don't overdo it', can't win he either doesn't want me to get tired from it or is jealous I will look better than him.

ReputationRep:
    Hun it sounds like you need waay more self-esteem. If he's giving you the impression that you're not 'good enough for him' then he's not right for you. If anything, he should be making you feel GREAT about yourself. Don't try and change yourself for his sake.

ReputationRep:
    Told him bout my fitness regime a few minutes ago and he says 'don't overdo it', can't win he either doesn't want me to get tired from it or is jealous I will look better than him.
    i think you took that one a bit far

he might posssibly be saying not to do too much coz you dont need it, or simply just dont hurt yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Younger girls? How old are you?
    Not meant as a dig by the way, was geniunely wondering...

Self-esteem comes from within at the end of the day, not from your SO.

(Original post by alenax)
    Younger girls? How old are you?
    Not meant as a dig by the way, was geniunely wondering...

Self-esteem comes from within at the end of the day, not from your SO.
    I'm in my 20s, its just that as you get older men lust over page 3 models who are barely 18 and I can't compete with youth like that. I'm not fussed about the models cos their lives are not so hunky dory, just hate the way men lust over them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my 20s, its just that as you get older men lust over page 3 models who are barely 18 and I can't compete with youth like that. I'm not fussed about the models cos their lives are not so hunky dory, just hate the way men lust over them.

what the bloody hell are you talking about?!?!? your talking as though your in your 50s!!!! not meaning to sound horrible or anything, but only being in your 20s i doubt very much he is looking at under 18s. how old is he?

ReputationRep:
    Oh come on, all men do it. My bf goes on about rachel stevens. Do i care? No! He still loves me, still thinks i'm attractive etc. Stop comparing yourself. I'm saying this partly because it's something i occasionally do, but those girls are simply there to be looked at, and not touched. They are simply ornaments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenren22)
    Oh come on, all men do it. My bf goes on about rachel stevens. Do i care? No! He still loves me, still thinks i'm attractive etc. Stop comparing yourself. I'm saying this partly because it's something i occasionally do, but those girls are simply there to be looked at, and not touched. They are simply ornaments.
    Lol Rachel Stevens is 30 and totally flat chested. Tell him to go to the opticians lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.