foobarred
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm applying for lancaster… the computer science course and my Ucas is 3 A's and an A in my epq so i will probe get a unconditional when i apply….. entry is ABB as i have an A in my epq and u also need a grade 4 in english and a grade 6 in maths at gcse to get in. I got a 5 at maths not a 6. i am doing maths now and am getting predicted a A but i think they won't give me a unconditional as i didn't get a 6 at gcse what u think?
Yellow2914
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ive never understood this unconditional offer hype. You want to do your best at A level as they matter even after you have a degree. If you cannot meet the entry requirements at A level, its likely that even if you got into the course, you would not perform as well as your peers and ultimately struggle?

To answer, your question though. The unconditional offers are normally given out after an interview (or they used to be at least). As Compsci is a maths based subject, it would be unusual for an unconditional offer to be given without meeting the GCSE requirement, as you have not shown your ability to meet the level of maths for the course while most other candidates would have the GCSE grade already.

You'll likely get an offer however, so i wouldn't stress!

Good luck!!!
Lancaster University Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by foobarred)
I'm applying for lancaster… the computer science course and my Ucas is 3 A's and an A in my epq so i will probe get a unconditional when i apply….. entry is ABB as i have an A in my epq and u also need a grade 4 in english and a grade 6 in maths at gcse to get in. I got a 5 at maths not a 6. i am doing maths now and am getting predicted a A but i think they won't give me a unconditional as i didn't get a 6 at gcse what u think?
Hello, :wavey:

It is great to hear you're interested in studying at Lancaster University. As a current student, I think you have made an excellent decision choosing to apply. I would recommend contacting the admissions team at [email protected] or 01524 592028 who should be able to provide clarification.

Good luck with your studies. Any questions about life at Lancaster University then please get in touch.

Best wishes,

Rebecca

Lancaster University Management School Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (167)
71.06%
No I haven't decided yet (40)
17.02%
Yes but I might change my mind (28)
11.91%

Watched Threads