The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No, it's not too late. Its about 6-7 weeks really, and if you work hard in that time you should be alright, especially if you cope well with your subjects.
Reply 2
Yeah it definitely depends on how comfortable you are with your subjects, i can definitely think of 1 or 2 people for which it is too late.
Ive got to be honest at this time i wouldnt waste time reading through every page of textbooks. Iwould do every past paper i could get my hands on. Start from the oldest one available. Do the first couple with a textbook. Highlight anything you have trouble with. Do work on that. Go back do all the other past papers until you are blue in the face. This is a very good form of revision as you get used to style of questions so dont get scared in the exam, you only study work that is relevant to your board and specification.

Most of all Dont panic
It's not too late for me, but i cram like hell....
No it's not too late :smile: Easter has really only just gone by. Now is as good a time to start as any really! Too early and you forget all what you have revised!! I started around this time last year and it was not bad :smile: Just start! Pick any subject, any topic and just write!!!

Now!!

Good luck :smile:
I haven't properly started yet but I have past paper questions as homework everyday :s-smilie: and our Easter holiday will start at the end of this week. So for two weeks I will study very hard and until the exam I will just re-revise. It should work for me and I am doing 4 subjects rather than 3 (Maths, Economics, Geography and Classical Civilization). So actually you should have plenty of time.
by revision do you mean actually learning the syllabus?? or do you mean making notes/ past papers? if its the latter then its definitely not to late - i don't know many people who've started 'proper' revision yet.

try not to worry - just try and break down each subject and think 'right, today im going to learn Chapter 8' or whatever
Reply 8
I haven't started yet either. And my fist exam is on the 19th of may. We also have philosophy coursework which is timed on may 2nd. I haven't read the books yet and we were meant to have read them by the end of january... I'm failng
I havent started yet either, gonna start right now !!
i HOPE its not to late :puppyeyes:
way too late in the day for me. My brains turned to mush
Reply 12
I'm gonna have to make notes on every subject and then revisie it :frown:

Its my fault, I should of made notes during the year, which i didnt
i have notes but i never reread them.. I always make new. notes this is my revision
Reply 14
I'm planning to do around 12hours+ a day for 1 month, is that enough to get decent grades??
12 hours a day... is that actually possible?
CupidsArrow
I'm planning to do around 12hours+ a day for 1 month, is that enough to get decent grades??

12 hrs a day? are you insane? how many resits are you doing?
CupidsArrow

thats...a ridiculous amount, when are you going to relax and take a break??????
CupidsArrow

Well it would be, but there's no way you'll feasibly do 12 or more hours of productive learning per day every day. You'll just crash and burn. Something like 6 hours is much more attainable.
You now that if we spent less time on here, we could spend that time revising.

BUT

Who cares less all panic- NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eXAMS- AAAAAHHHH

You get my point !!

Latest