Rheandia2018
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Analyse the criteria for choosing an appropriate organisation structure

can someone explain a bit?

Am i right thinking i am just studying the standards of having a organisation structure?
osasman
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
There are quite a number of organisational structures with the major two being: hierarchical(traditional) organisational structure which is shaped like a tree with branches, and the flat organisational structure. In the hierarchical structure, seniority holds sway and there are strict routes and procedures for the transmission of information. There is a lot of bureaucracy. and people tend to work in silos as the organisation is strictly divided into departments, unis and so on and so forth.
In the flat structure, communication flows more freely, departments and units collaborate much better, seniority is down-played, and the organisation is usually more fluid and creative due to the ease of communication and collaboration.
Therefore, some of the criteria to be considered should include: what kind of business the organisation is involved in (its market); the level of competitiveness in the sector; the level of creativity and flexibility intended for the organisation; and the amount of cohesion, harmony, and team-working intended for the organisation by its founders.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (67)
33.33%
Yes - a trusted person (54)
26.87%
No (53)
26.37%
I'm not sure (27)
13.43%

Watched Threads