The Student Room Group

GCSE Music Edexcel Pearson guide

Do you have to memorise the commentary sections too? I tried memorising the commentary sections but it was way too hard for me. It was literally an analysis on every single bar of every section. Though, I do want a high grade. What do I do? How do I revise for Music GCSE and get a high grade? I'm so confused.
first, please don't post the same thread three times just because you don't get a reply within a couple of minutes...

and, no, you don't have to remember an analysis of every bar - for example i'm also doing edexcel gcse music and i don't have that book, so i can't memorise any of that analysis, yet i am still aiming for an 8 overall :smile:
list the musical features of each set work under the different categories:
- melody
- harmony and tonality
- texture
- rhythm
- instrumentation

this should help you structure your answers better and so you know what the examiners want when they ask eg. about the melody.
Thank you for your reply. And, yeah I'm sorry about that- I didn't mean to do it, it was because I posted it in the wrong forums, (I'm new to this.) So are you revising the analysis of the song? Also, do you have to learn things like modulations in the song and interval patterns in the song? Also, are there any resources you use for revising music GCSE?
Original post by Archjana
Thank you for your reply. And, yeah I'm sorry about that- I didn't mean to do it, it was because I posted it in the wrong forums, (I'm new to this.) So are you revising the analysis of the song? Also, do you have to learn things like modulations in the song and interval patterns in the song? Also, are there any resources you use for revising music GCSE?

i do not have an analysis of the songs, just the scores that we annotate in class.
https://www.rhinegold.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/MT0916-scheme-KS4_Edexcel-GCSE-music_Appraising-1.pdf this is fairly useful, as is the youtube channel james stevenson

i learn the modulations and important intervals - eg. between the first two notes
Thank you. Do you revise the annotations then?
Reply 5
Hello, sorry to hear you've been stressing over GCSE Music.
I am also doing the Edexcel course and have some tips for revision.
When revising the set works, I recommend focusing on the 5 key features of each set work: Tonality, Texture, Structure, Instrumentation and Structure. Make notes on these and test yourself on them. Furthermore, I suggest you listen to all of the set works whilst following along in the anthology.
I hope I was able to help you.
Thanks,
arthur23
Reply 6
Original post by Archjana
Thank you. Do you revise the annotations then?

Yes

Quick Reply