Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So Im just a little bit worried...

What exctly does the Paper 3 entail? I haven't even seen a past paper 3. Feel very let down by my college.

Help!

ReputationRep:
    History Paper 3 is basically a list of essay questions. You choose 3, and write 3 essays, one after the other. Simple as that.

They'll have questions on what you are doing in HL history. If you are doing the Europe course, then you'll get Italy, Germany, Prussia, Russia, Vienna Settlement etc. But it is not guranteed that every topic you have studied will come up. Because they have to allow for all possible modules that would be taught on that course, in different countries etc, so there are some that you wont know.

There are 25 essay questions, and from what I can see, about 10-12 will apply to you. So you've got to know your stuff on pretty much all the modules and feel confident enough to write an essay on it.

I have past papers for the European course, if you PM me, I'll send you the list of questions. That's all it is honestly. Practise writing essays and send them to your teacher if you like, and ask them to mark them.

ReputationRep:
    They'll have pretty much a question on everything you've studied in European studies so it's actually not that bad of a paper. The only pain in the butt is that it's 3 essays in 2 and a half hours so you really have to limit your time per essay. Basically I'd recommend that you study 4 or 5 topics very intensely like Napoleon, Bismarck, Metternich, Congress of Vienna, etc and you should be fine.

Paper 1 is the creme de la creme though :P

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies! Its very much appreciated

Sagittarius - a pm is coming your way!

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.