Losing weight Watch

bupi2018
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hiya I'm trying to lose weight at moment doing brisk walking anybody has any advice on what else to do or anything regarding weight loss. I have a lot of fat between my legs and upper thighs and also buttocks
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by bupi2018; 5 months ago
Reality Check
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by bupi2018)
Hiya I'm trying to lose weight at moment doing brisk walking anybody has any advice on what else to do or anything regarding weight loss. I have a lot of fat between my legs and upper thighs.
Eat less.
Move more.
Tone up.
StephieLou92
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I’d recommend joining slimming world, I lost 9stone on it. It’s so easy to follow and I’ve completely changed my life.

Also when you feel up to it, take up running like try the couch to 5k app to begin with and go to your local park run.

Stick with it x
yusi678
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Eat less.
Move more.
Tone up.
drink green tea everyday without sugar
beansaunders
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Diet is more important than exercise for losing weight, although regular exercise is also good for staving off negative health effects such as heart disease. Consider intermittent fasting (google it), and at the very least try to eat less, and eat more "good food" (less sugar, etc). Switch to drinking water and diet/zero soft drinks (no, they don't give you diabetes), and consider counting calories as well, there are a number of apps which will help you do this.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by beansaunders)
Diet is more important than exercise for losing weight, although regular exercise is also good for staving off negative health effects such as heart disease. Consider intermittent fasting (google it), and at the very least try to eat less, and eat more "good food" (less sugar, etc). Switch to drinking water and diet/zero soft drinks (no, they don't give you diabetes), and consider counting calories as well, there are a number of apps which will help you do this.
That's rare - correct, scientifically accurate advice on weight loss
Heroic_
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hiya I'm trying to lose weight at moment doing brisk walking anybody has any advice on what else to do or anything regarding weight loss. I have a lot of fat between my legs and upper thighs and also buttocks
Fat loss cannot be targeted. There are no exercises that specifically remove fat from one location, it is not possible. You can do either of the following;

1) Eat less calories
2) Do more exercise

A combination of both will yield greater results. There will be a decline in weight loss during certain periods due to bodily responses, consistency is the key.
Heroic_
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
That's rare - correct, scientifically accurate advice on weight loss
Objection, your honour. The validity of results are subjective, however scientifically derived. Critical analysis is the foundation of academia.
DieselGate
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Stop eating Dominos.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Heroic_)
Objection, your honour. The validity of results are subjective, however scientifically derived. Critical analysis is the foundation of academia.
It's not that deep. All I'm bothered about is people not suggesting turmeric lattes or organic kale as the answer.
John25
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Try taking exercise before eating anything after you wake up. That will force your body to use fat for energy. Try it every day for a few weeks and you'll see results. This doesn't mean you have to skip breakfast - just work out before you eat any.
mharo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Exercise is utterly useless if you don't change your diet...
e^iπ
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by mharo)
Exercise is utterly useless if you don't change your diet...
LOL, this is so true, I've seen the same overweight people walking on the incline treadmill for 40-60 minutes every day, for several weeks with no results. My guess... they think excercise get gives you a license to eat extra but end up eating more calories than they burnt.
e^iπ
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by John25)
Try taking exercise before eating anything after you wake up. That will force your body to use fat for energy. Try it every day for a few weeks and you'll see results. This doesn't mean you have to skip breakfast - just work out before you eat any.
This is fake news.

The body burns the same amount of energy every day (dependent on height weight activity levels) Yes the body uses fat for energy but then it will use carbs for energy later on in the day, so the effect evens out.
Cbailey53
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Let me know if you need help, I have a really good nutrition diet I’m on that’s really helped me. Myself and my partner are losing between 3-6lbs per week on it. Gives you so much energy too xx
georgewinter6
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi there! So I personally was able to lose 8 stone between November 2017- September 2018 believe it or not it is mental. So you mentioned that you're not happy with in particular areas, you can't target specific areas when losing weight only with muscle growth. So if you want to lose the weight, find out what you're ideal BMI would be depending on your height first. Then i'd say set yourself a goal of losing a minimum of 1 pound a week (I personally lost 2-3 per week). After this you want to make sure you do at least 30 mins of exercise per day no matter what it may be.

Now, finally the biggest factor that is going to determine if you lose weight or not is your diet. The trick to lose weight is eat 25% less cals than advised ti maintain weight. So for men, you eat 2000 a day to maintain, 2500 a day with 30g of protein and low fat to gain muscle and 1500 to lose fat. For women its 1500 to maintain and 1125 to lose weight. 2000 cals to gain muscle for women. Now the biggest rule to follow is NO ADDED SUGAR. So for that means natural sugars in fruit are fine but chocolate, cakes, sweets (all the yummy stuff) is bad. This sounds horrendous, i'm aware, but if you resit it you will no longer crave it after a while I promise. Also, avoid saturated fats they're also bad but not as bad as sugar. Have a balanced diet and follow the food plate that you learnt in secondary cookery. Don't cut out carbs, you need them, sugar and fat is much more likely to have you gain weight than beneficial carbs.

You need your five a day that is so so so soooo important.

Finally for drinks I recommend water mainly, low fat mil is good for dairy fix with calcium in its the one with the orange top and doesn't taste much different to semi-skimmed the green top. Don' get the red or blue one. Cheese for dairy is bad due to the fact whilst i'm on.

So yeah do that and I promise you will lose the weight. Just ask yourself... how bad do I want to change? For me the desire to change overpowered the desire for junk food and if I can do it you and do it I assure you! I am in with the laziest people on the planet I think haha.

Good luck and all the best! You've already started your journey by wanting to change. Go you!
Last edited by georgewinter6; 5 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (162)
18.62%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (86)
9.89%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (145)
16.67%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (125)
14.37%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (84)
9.66%
How can I be the best version of myself? (268)
30.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise