The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine application reading list

What are good scientific academic books to read for a Cambridge medicine application? I have already read trust me im a junior doctor and secret diaries of a junior doctor so I have a good of what a life of a doctor is like and the human side of healthcare. But I dont know any good academic books to read that talk about the actual human body and the scientific side of healthcare.
I meant are there any scientific books to read for a medicine application. As in books that talk about the actual body rather than the life of a doctor. I said Cambridge because I heard they care more about academic books and extra reading then other medical schools.
Original post by Lightning999
I meant are there any scientific books to read for a medicine application. As in books that talk about the actual body rather than the life of a doctor. I said Cambridge because I heard they care more about academic books and extra reading then other medical schools.

I don't think there are any specific books that are important to read.

I do think, however, that you should probably read something. Just so if they specifically ask you what you've read, you have an example to give. I'd just pick a medical-related book that you think looks interesting.
Do you think the Selfish gene or Virolution would be good books to read?
Do you think the Selfish gene or Virolution would be good books to read?

Sure.
What are good scientific academic books to read for a Cambridge medicine application? I have already read trust me im a junior doctor and secret diaries of a junior doctor so I have a good of what a life of a doctor is like and the human side of healthcare. But I dont know any good academic books to read that talk about the actual human body and the scientific side of healthcare.

'How to read a Paper - the basics of evidence-based medicine' is a good, clear and accessible introduction to this area. Worth reading, if only in outline.
Original post by nexttime
Sure.

That's a purple name I've been hoping to see for quite some time. Glad you've accepted the position.

Quick Reply

Latest