How can I calculate my chances of an unconditional?

Watch
Kansspel
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Might seem like a silly question but I'm a bit stressed I won't get into my first choice uni. I visited it on an open day and I absolutely adored it and the city, it'd break my heart if I couldn't get in.

My current predicted grades (128 points) are above the asking points of 96-112 and I've got a really enthusiastic personal statement (according to my form tutor) as well as some good extra curricular activities like NCS and DofE as well.

If anyone could give me a rough indicator I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Kansspel)
Might seem like a silly question but I'm a bit stressed I won't get into my first choice uni. I visited it on an open day and I absolutely adored it and the city, it'd break my heart if I couldn't get in.

My current predicted grades (128 points) are above the asking points of 96-112 and I've got a really enthusiastic personal statement (according to my form tutor) as well as some good extra curricular activities like NCS and DofE as well.

If anyone could give me a rough indicator I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!
You'll find out soon enough. There's no way of making an accurate prediction from a few lines on the internet, if someone were to say you will, and then you didnt: that'd be disappointing. Or if we said you won't, and then ended up getting one, then you might be disappointed for no reason. Just wait and see.
University of Huddersfield Student Rep
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello,

Unconditionals are really hard to gauge - but I wouldn't stress it, which I know is rough! Out of the five uni's I applied to, I got one unconditional which I ended up using as my insurance - which gave me a bit of security on results day.

Unfortunately, only time will tell with this - it sounds like you're all sorted and you just have to wait it out... Sorry I can't be of more help, but fingers crossed!

Hope that helps, even just a little -

Abbi

University of Huddersfield rep
Runescapian
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just a pre-warning: a lot of students do NCS and DofE, they're not the UCAS golden tickets the companies/schools make them out to be anymore. They are good and show teamworks skills etc, so is obviously worth mentioning and being proud of - but universities will get tons of submissions with both NCS/DofE mentioned.

However, your predicted points are good and what you have to remember is an unconditional offer isn't everything. You're already above the number of points needed, so if you do succeed in getting those grades there's no reason a conditional offer won't also suit you well. What's important is getting an offer, and it sounds like you will. So, work hard and achieve those grades. If you have the opportunity and chance, maybe do a bit of volunteering on the side within the career areas of your degree. You didn't mention what the degree was. But this sort of stuff, if you have an interview before offers, will outshine other candidates.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
31.06%
No - I have already returned home (21)
13.04%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (35)
21.74%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
8.7%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
25.47%

Watched Threads