Turn on thread page Beta

Southampton BM6 Medicine 2019 entry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yahya1997)
    Hi everyone, I’m currently a first year student on the BM6 course. Any questions you have, shoot them my way.
    Hi, what ukcat score and A level grades did you get? I'm not too sure if mine are good enough tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm-so-screwed)
    Hi, what ukcat score and A level grades did you get? I'm not too sure if mine are good enough tbh
    Hey, I got 620 band 2, AAB. Don’t worry too much about a level predictions. If your predicted above BBB you will be eligible for an interview.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I got 620 band 2, AAB. Don’t worry too much about a level predictions. If your predicted above BBB you will be eligible for an interview.
    What’s the lowest UKCAT score to be invited for an interview ?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I got 620 band 2, AAB. Don’t worry too much about a level predictions. If your predicted above BBB you will be
    eligible for an interview.
    That's a relief, thanks. Do you know when the university starts giving out interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medic2001)
    Dw I'm in the same position as you. Are you doing the BMAT?
    No I am not doing the BMAT
    And you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sandra Yossa)
    No I am not doing the BMAT
    And you?
    No, I'm not doing it.

ReputationRep:
    Please be honest. How much do GCSE'S matter because mine are horrendous? What were your's BTW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aradini)
    What’s the lowest UKCAT score to be invited for an interview ?
    I'm sorry I don't have that kind of info. But I'm sure that there is no cut off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm-so-screwed)
    That's a relief, thanks. Do you know when the university starts giving out interviews?
    around end of January, but they hand out interviews over a few weeks. Don't worry if you don't hear back first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sainsburysbasics)
    Please be honest. How much do GCSE'S matter because mine are horrendous? What were your's BTW
    personally I got 1A*, 7A's, 3B's and 2C's. I have people in my year who have no A's at gcse so as long as you have the minimum you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    hi guys if u pm ur nom I can add u in the group from the admin good luck to everyone

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, i'm also applying:

GCSE: 2A* 5As 3Bs 1C (lots of context - i got one of the highest at my school).
    A2 Achieved: AAB (rather depressing B; 1 mark off A and Chemistry was 1 off A*).
    UKCAT: 2660 (665)
    SJT Band: 1
    Interview: ?

Context: Originally had an offer from Cambridge at A*A*A, obs i didn't get in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSEStudent903)

A2 Achieved: AAB (rather depressing B; 1 mark off A and Chemistry was 1 off A*).
    amazing stats very similar to mine, hopefully you get an interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSEStudent903)

You're UKCAT is amazing fam

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I’m currently a first year student on the BM6 course. Any questions you have, shoot them my way.
    Hi there,
    I was wondering how the interview is like for this course. Southampton do traditional interview style right so would the questions mainly be based around your personal statement and work experience? How best to prepare?
    What exactly are you studying on the course? On the website it just says "successful completion of the course would guarantee you a place in BM5 course year 1", what score do you need to get to move onto BM5?
    Are you enjoying your course? How's uni life at Southampton and why Southampton? What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?
    About how many people are there on the course and on your student card, are you a pre-med or medic with foundation year (BM6)? Do you mingle with the BM5 students?

Sorry for the overrrrrload of questions 😓😓😓. It's just there's not much about this course online and I know nobody who's done it so I have all these unanswered questions😓😓😓.

ReputationRep:
    hiya!! im so happy to actually find this, can i be added to the groupchat too?
    GCSE; 3A*, 5A, 1B
    A2 prediction; A*AA
    UKCAT; 2290 (think its 572.5)
    SJ; Band 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sainsburysbasics)
    You're UKCAT is amazing fam
    Aw thank you so much! I was really worried about it!

ReputationRep:
    Got an email today saying:

Our Admissions team have begun processing applications for all of our programmes, but please don't worry if you don't hear from us immediately; our selection process runs until the end of March 2019.

If you have applied for our BM6 (A102) programme, you will receive your eligibility form in November.

ReputationRep:

Our Admissions team have begun processing applications for all of our programmes, but please don't worry if you don't hear from us immediately; our selection process runs until the end of March 2019.

If you have applied for our BM6 (A102) programme, you will receive your eligibility form in November.
    Me too, I got the same email

ReputationRep:

(Original post by seph_muriel)
    Me too, I got the same email
    I haven't got this email, should I be worried?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 8, 2018

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.