Is overwatch dead? Watch

Rebecca2019
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Honestly title says it all? I still enjoy ow, even comp surprisingly but it seems like so many people stopped playing it. What happened lol
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The in thing shifted from Hero Shooters to Battle Royale games and the crowd followed it.
Aaronhalt
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
People lost interest in time. When the hype's over, gamers will go back to single player games with a deep story and customization options.
Vikingninja
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's going that way. Blizzard has changed the direction of the game drammatically especially from what attracted a lot of people to it. As well they've shown they're poor at handling the balancing and bug fixing for the game. Also its just bad that only 1 of the new characters doesn't have a form of stun or displacement disruption which is as some of my friends like to put in a shooting game "absolute aids", at first the earlier ones I could deal with but the numerous amount of stun now is just horrendous, you can have a completely balanced team composition with all the characters having a significant form of stun on them.
ToastedWaffles
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I still love overwatch and fallout, two of my favorite games
Tomboy!
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think so. I stopped playing it as much when Tracer became less viable in comp. I dropped from 3.6k sr to like 3.1k (I know that's partly my fault but some players really are sick). I think people left because of loss of interest (like me). Now, all we have are these terrible battle royale games. I try to keep ow alive by drawing fanart though. I miss 2016... the good days when everyone thought ow would surpass tf2's popularity.
Rebecca2019
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Tomboy!)
I think so. I stopped playing it as much when Tracer became less viable in comp. I dropped from 3.6k sr to like 3.1k (I know that's partly my fault but some players really are sick). I think people left because of loss of interest (like me). Now, all we have are these terrible battle royale games. I try to keep ow alive by drawing fanart though. I miss 2016... the good days when everyone thought ow would surpass tf2's popularity.
Yeahh I thought so, kinda sad though. I got the game late last year so never experienced the 2016 ow. Wish I had though, sounds so much better :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (200)
67.34%
No (97)
32.66%

Watched Threads