Want more information about this university?
mattoo1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I wonder how much fridge space is available for each student? or how many shares a fridge?
In graduate college in particular.

Thanks
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mattoo1)
Hi,

I wonder how much fridge space is available for each student? or how many shares a fridge?
In graduate college in particular.

Thanks
Nothing creates more arguments than fridge space, in my experience. You'll probably get a shelf, and that's by negotiation. Expect other people to use it, and for people to help themselves to your refrigerated items. Are you allowed a small fridge in your room? If so, I highly advise you get one.
mattoo1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
Nothing creates more arguments than fridge space, in my experience. You'll probably get a shelf, and that's by negotiation. Expect other people to use it, and for people to help themselves to your refrigerated items. Are you allowed a small fridge in your room? If so, I highly advise you get one.

Oh!! Thank you for your reply. I don't think they let us have a fridge in the bedroom! But I'll ask for it.

Thanks
Yellow2914
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mattoo1)
Oh!! Thank you for your reply. I don't think they let us have a fridge in the bedroom! But I'll ask for it.

Thanks
Sadly, we are not allowed fridges in our rooms!

As stated already, fridge and cupboard space tends to be the start of all arguments. The superior ensuite rooms have a lot of cupboards in the kitchen so that should not be a major issue. The fridges also have 8 shelves (1 each). In saying this, you will still likely find a slow war as different house mates conquer more and more room. Never leave an empty shelf .
mattoo1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yellow2914)
Sadly, we are not allowed fridges in our rooms!

As stated already, fridge and cupboard space tends to be the start of all arguments. The superior ensuite rooms have a lot of cupboards in the kitchen so that should not be a major issue. The fridges also have 8 shelves (1 each). In saying this, you will still likely find a slow war as different house mates conquer more and more room. Never leave an empty shelf .
Haha
I would definitely keep that in mind
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I also experienced muslims crying foul about people putting 'haram' food like bacon and pork in the fridge, as a way to get a whole fridge to themselves or demand special treatment regarding shelves and so-forth. Be aware...
GavtheGog
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just don't accept that the salad draw is your only fridge space, you should have a proper shelf for all your food. If you only have 3 shelves, ask for another.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (174)
38.07%
Take autumn exams (143)
31.29%
Look for a job (16)
3.5%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.6%
Take a year out (76)
16.63%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
5.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed